1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Two Week Impressions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rc109a, May 27, 2011.

1. rc109a

rc109a Newbie
    None

May 9, 2011
    Well I have had the Commando two weeks now and here are my impressions:

PROS
    Ruggedness
    Easy to use
    Fast
    Good signal
    Nice speakers
    Good voice quality

CONS
    Screen dim
    Phone activates when near face
    Unwanted Apps
    Limited cities on GzOne apps
    Battery life

This phone so far has met all my expectations with the exception of the built in apps. I live near a river in the Chesapeake Bay and monitoring the weather and tides is vital in my line of work. The apps only give Virginia Beach information. This limits the effectiveness of certain apps. I know I can download others, but this makes the ones I really wanted only for show.

The phone is very rugged. I was forced to jump into a sinking boat and forgot the phone was in my bellows pocket. When I got back on my boat my coworker

Advertisement

NE_Phil likes this.
  2. concreteguy

concreteguy Member
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Carpenter
    Rushville, OH
    Sorry to hear that the screen is dim. I have the Boulder. I can't see the screen at all in sunlight. Other then that is has been very good.

3. rc109a

rc109a Newbie
    None

May 9, 2011
    Well the screen issue is more my fault in one sense. It can be bright if you adjust the brighness all the way up. It still retains the glare though. I really like this phone, but like anything else it takes some getting use to. I was told by Verizon that there is a software update coming out sometime in the next week or so to fix some minor issues. She did not know what they were. I am still working on the issue about making calls. They have called Casio and they have never heard of the problem. They are looking into the problem and offered to send me a replacement phone. Casio wants the phone so they can see if it is a single component failure or a potential problem that is only starting to show up.

4. rc109a

rc109a Newbie
    None

May 9, 2011
    Well have the new phone and it appears better then the last one. The first thing I noticed was the battery lasts a lot longer. I did charge it up fully before I turned it on, so not sure if this makes any difference. I have went 36 hours on a single charge with over 75 Texts sent and several web searches. I did make a lot of phone calls as well. Not a bad start.

lodom likes this.