• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP 2.8.1.0 afyonltetmo

Sorry if this has been asked before, but anyway to flash without Odin?
If you are already rooted there is.
Extract recovery.img from the .tar file using root explorer. If you don't have root explorer you can use explorer ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/...oid&pcampaignid=APPU_1_ZpDvVN2TEIq0sASR_oL4Aw ) or any file manager that can handle .tar archives. Once you have done that install flashify ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/...app&pcampaignid=APPU_1_OZHvVMmmBNLbsAS0oYCwDA ). Finally, open flashify then choose the option to flash recovery image then find and select the recovery.img you extracted earlier. If you are not rooted yet you will have to use Odin

Reactions: epicboy
Upvote 0
the problem with that all is in order to root at all you need to use odin, so if you cant use odin/heimdall to root then you arent gunna be able to flash this without odin anyways.
I made sure to note that you already have to be rooted in order for the method I detailed to work. Its just another option that some people who have already rooted might see as being more convenient.
I've used flashify a couple of times with this phone but now if I decide to do a new setup from a fresh start I just skip cf auto-root and go straight to flashing TWRP (with Odin) then flash supersu.

Upvote 0
the problem with that all is in order to root at all you need to use odin, so if you cant use odin/heimdall to root then you arent gunna be able to flash this without odin anyways.
What's the difference between 2.8.1.0 and 2.8.3.0? The link is still up in the second post and I was curious if anythings wrong with that version or if its just there for one of those "Just in case you want to" kinda things...

Upvote 0
What's the difference between 2.8.1.0 and 2.8.3.0? The link is still up in the second post and I was curious if anythings wrong with that version or if its just there for one of those "Just in case you want to" kinda things...

There's an issue with restoring backups with 2.8.3.0, if you check page 4 you'll see someone else confirms this issue.

2.8.1.0 doesn't have this issue.

Upvote 0
Hello dears. I'm trying to build my own recovery for a very similary device ( SM-G386F). Compiled succesfully, flashed successfully (dd command) but there is a little red exclamation mark in upper-left corner ( http://i.imgur.com/32XyqR5.jpg )
So i googled around and saw this, so i asks you if you can explain what did you to the kernel and what do you mean by "anti-root method" :) ?

Thanks in advance if there is any response, even if i'm a little off-thread, i'm really interested about your custom kernel.

Upvote 0
I would love to fix that, but i wouldnt have the slightest idea of what would be causing that. i would need recovery logs of it booting regularly and when its "delayed" to even see if its something that could be fixed.
It seems that clearing the /cache/recovery/last_log from the last time twrp was used is what causes twrp to take a while to boot sometimes. If I manually delete the last_log before rebooting to recovery it boots quickly every time. Viperdink pointed this out to me.

Upvote 0
Try this. Use a root file manager like root explorer to copy or move any files you don't want to lose to your external SD. If you saved your backup to the internal storage then you will obviously need to move it to the external SD card also. Then reboot into twrp and select "advanced wipe" and wipe system and cache, then go back and select "format data" and type yes to confirm. Finally restore your backup and reboot system.

(If you get any errors while trying to restore your backup, go back to the main screen and select "reboot" then "reboot recovery". You will get a warning that no OS is installed. Ignore this warning and continue to reboot recovery. Finally once twrp has rebooted restore your backup then reboot system.)

Upvote 0
HARD BRICKED...
I successfully rooted my sm-386t, but stupidly flashed the wrong recovery (I was confused about the model name "Avant" vs. the A name that came up under TWRP installer).

I have never fully bricked a device, but this may be the first... the phone screen won't turn on at all. It does trigger device driver on USB, tho. It's looking for QHSUSB_BULK.

1. Is this the Samsung driver? I'm sure I already installed it.
2. Is there any way to fix this by reflashing?

helllllp

Upvote 0
HARD BRICKED...
I successfully rooted my sm-386t, but stupidly flashed the wrong recovery (I was confused about the model name "Avant" vs. the A name that came up under TWRP installer).

I have never fully bricked a device, but this may be the first... the phone screen won't turn on at all. It does trigger device driver on USB, tho. It's looking for QHSUSB_BULK.

1. Is this the Samsung driver? I'm sure I already installed it.
2. Is there any way to fix this by reflashing?

helllllp
Can you boot into download mode?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones