• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP 2.8.1.0 afyonltetmo

i thought this was weird...so i followed a couple other guides to try and get into twrp just because the avant exploder app and going the odin way didn't seem to work so i went and tried downloading PlayfulGod's rebooter app off the playstore...i clicked reboot to recovery from the app and well...it booted up just fine for me...weird how i saw no signs of recovery being successfully installed even using the key combo didnt work...oh well..idk if anyone had this issue or whatever but if anyone could guide me to getting the key combo (up + power button) to work it/tell me where i went wrong-- would be greatly appreciated...it would suck if i bootlooped and couldn't enter recovery...
The avant exploded app requires that busybox is installed in order to work properly. It actually says so in the app description.

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
I know this is a late addition, but...

I did a little repack by swapping the TWRP 2.8.3.0 recovery image into the cwm flashable. You can now flash TWRP directly under your existing custom recovery.

Edit: It seems 2.8.3.0 has a little issue with the Avant mounting setup. Here's the 2..8.1.0 version as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones