• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TWRP][2.8.7.0][MS345] TWRP for LG Leon MetroPCS

Good evening,

I used the link provided in the OP and I am looking to install TWRP using the TWRP Manager. After choosing the device name (c50) and recovery version (twrp-2.8.7.0-c50.img), I click install recovery. Once the download is complete, a message pops up asking me to verify that the partition listed below is the correct one for my device "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery "

Is that how it is supposed to look or should there be other values for "bootdevice" or "by-name"?

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Good evening,

I used the link provided in the OP and I am looking to install TWRP using the TWRP Manager. After choosing the device name (c50) and recovery version (twrp-2.8.7.0-c50.img), I click install recovery. Once the download is complete, a message pops up asking me to verify that the partition listed below is the correct one for my device "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery "

Is that how it is supposed to look or should there be other values for "bootdevice" or "by-name"?

Thank you in advance.
That is 100% how its supposed to look. If you're trying to install CM though you can't use the download manager. You need to flash it manually like in the OP.

Upvote 0
That is 100% how its supposed to look. If you're trying to install CM though you can't use the download manager. You need to flash it manually like in the OP.

@KarmaCatLive , thank you for the response. For now I am just going to make a back up and do some more reading to familiarize myself with the process of flashing ROMs, files and performing recoveries should anything happen. I do understand CM needs to be flashed manually. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
@KarmaCatLive , thank you for the response. For now I am just going to make a back up and do some more reading to familiarize myself with the process of flashing ROMs, files and performing recoveries should anything happen. I do understand CM needs to be flashed manually. Thanks again.
I meant that using the TWRP download manager is the wrong version if you want to flash CM.

Upvote 0
I renamed and placed the twrp.img into the root directory of the sdcard. When I type in 'dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery' , I receive the message: 'dd: /sdcard/twrp.img: no such file or directory' .

Edit: I used the adb push command to place the file onto the sd card and it worked. Originally I had physically taken the twrp.img and placed it in the sdcard folder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have metro pcs model number lgms345 rev. 1.0 with software version ms34510d, rooted, tried flashing ever wich way that is in op and this phone just reboots to rom. The adb method seemed to work but i get no boot to recovery after factory reset screens wich seem to do absolutely nothing either now. Stumped. o_O I do get a secure booting error, error 1003 at LG boot screen now though.

Upvote 0
I have metro pcs model number lgms345 rev. 1.0 with software version ms34510d,.....

Stumped. o_O I do get a secure booting error, error 1003 at LG boot screen now though.

You have soft-bricked your phone. You probably forgot to unlock the bootloader.

First follow this Unbrick Guide. BUT for your MS345 use Blue TWRP 2.8.7.0 Here! The default TWRP downloads did not work on my Metro PCS phone! (5.1.1 Lollipop.)

Then make sure you unlock your bootloader first thing... EVEN BEFORE ROOTING. Here is how:

THIS IS NOT FOR MARSHMALLOW!!!
Unlocking bootloader:
  • Launch the Settings Application
  • Scroll Down and Tap on About Phone(or About Device)
  • Locate the Build Number Section
  • Tap on the Build Number Option 7 Times
  • Go Back to the Main Settings Page
  • Scroll Down and Tap on Developer Options
  • Enable USB Debugging mode.
  • Look for the ‘OEM Unlock’ Option in the Developer Mode Section (tap and check the box)
Now the bootloader is unlocked.

Reactions: robot_head
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones