• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Twrp 5.5.2.9 recovery image error Mounting internal external storage i

kumaranil13k

Jan 10, 2020
I was trying to backup of stock ROM through twrp backup without installing by loading fastboot boot twrp.img and take backup of stock rom system.img userdata.img through twrp recovery...

it loaded successfully but while taking backup its not able to take backup its giving error that it "cant mount storage" its not able to select sdcard microsdcard and internal memory to showing 0 free space

I Google and founded solution for same problems 1st solution was to give screen lock pin and password and use the same password to decrypt I tried but it's showing wrong password.

Second solution was to use wipe data in two recovery menu and go to advance option and select repair and covert ext2 filesystem but all I selected it's unable to mount internal memory also

Thirdly I tried twrp 5.4 mage but same problem exista

is there any way to mount and show the internal memory or external sd card in twrp recovery image any suggestions help please

Another question is it possible to incorporate infuse busy box super user am pm commands in twrp bootloader image so that we can use rooting functions from bootloader image.

My mobile device have

OS Android 6.0.1 Marshellow Processor Qualcomm Family cortex a53 Machine arrch 64 Architecture arm cortex a53 External memory card 64GB ROM 16 GB MOBILE NOT ROOTED it's Ltd water 8 ls-50!5
thank for your suggestion time and advice

What phone do you have? Is it rooted? You need to gain root first before you can use twrp. You need to flash either SU or use magisk to gain root. Once that is done, then you can make a nandroid backup.

Sir I want to root my mobile lyf water 8 ls-5015 and to protect it from damage while rooting or trying commands I want to take backup secure true original stock ROM mmblk0 system userdata for flashing if something goes wrong I tried long ago Backup is reading and copying the device and recovery is writing I tried once before 3-4 years without rooting backup option of twrp recovery image loaded through adb fastboot boot twrprecovery.img which worked with that phone but now this is new phone and new twrp image version donuts giving errors in backup to.

I think old phone twrp or.may be CMOd recivery image included in or. Customized modified was inclusive of busybox or super user command may be don't remember much.

Okay whatever, can u suggest any other way to backup read copy inbuilt stock from of mobile devices before rooting if something went wrong while rooting then how can we recover our bricked mobile ...

Upvote 0
Sir I want to root my mobile lyf water 8 ls-5015 and to protect it from damage while rooting or trying commands I want to take backup secure true original stock ROM mmblk0 system userdata for flashing if something goes wrong I tried long ago Backup is reading and copying the device and recovery is writing I tried once before 3-4 years without rooting backup option of twrp recovery image loaded through adb fastboot boot twrprecovery.img which worked with that phone but now this is new phone and new twrp image version donuts giving errors in backup to.

I think old phone twrp or.may be CMOd recivery image included in or. Customized modified was inclusive of busybox or super user command may be don't remember much.

Okay whatever, can u suggest any other way to backup read copy inbuilt stock from of mobile devices before rooting if something went wrong while rooting then how can we recover our bricked mobile ...
found this guide for you:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-root-ls-5015-for-lyf-water-8.3626875/

always do your research into rooting a specific device over at https://forum.xda-developers.com/

Upvote 0
What phone do you have? Is it rooted? You need to gain root first before you can use twrp. You need to flash either SU or use magisk to gain root. Once that is done, then you can make a nandroid backup.

@ocnbrze bro thanks for your reply advice opinion sharing your time and.advice.knowledge. as per experience testing TWRP recovery image if loaded through bootloader from.fastboot boot twrprecovery.img if used have root privilages as whenever is use and shell it shows # for root rights and I have from adb pull or dd if have took the backup as backup is reding and copying the ROM partitions . As in old tarp there used to build in busy box. And now they have. Toy box inbuilt. I think we can infuse push busybox installer in the the the two recovery image file. But I am not expert techie of Android just new to Android don't know if the adminstration right or root privileges of twrp recovery image can be utilised to take ownership or root rights privileges on device or mobile system folders may be some commands (like chmod) to take privileges.

Upvote 0
found this guide for you:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-root-ls-5015-for-lyf-water-8.3626875/

always do your research into rooting a specific device over at https://forum.xda-developers.com/

@ocnbrze bro thanksa lot for sharing knowledge opinion advice and time and link of XDA to root my Ltd water 8 device steps will be useful if I use to root it.thanks a lot.

Actually what my question in this thread post is is let me.explain and elaborate to you to make understand And clarify and avoid confusion.

What i did is

1. Mobile developer option on USB deBugging mode and OEM unlcok

2. Then installed and Qualcomm mobile drivers and adb fast boot files platform.tools

3. Connected mobile to.pc with USB

4. From dos Command prompt windows did typed adb drivers

5. Then typed adb reboot bootloader

6. Then fastboot devices

7. Then fastboot boot twrprecovery.img

8. It's showed twrp menu in mobile

Now the main thing as there are three options to take from backup mobile phone without rooting mobile device as twrp recovery image have root privileges with itself one is

Add pull /device/mmcblk0 mmcblk.0.img
And pull /device/mmcblk20 system.img

Or from

Adb shell
# dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot of=/sd card/boot.img

Or from

Tarp menu backup option

Now my real.post question that above two options s worked fine with twrp image but the .Menu of twrp two which is shown in the mobile when I select backup it's giving error of mount of internal storage or external storage I tried following options but not working is some one to modify the twrp recovery image file

The below links and Google shows that this error is due to encryption of mobile device files tried following option to decrypt but not worked either problem with two recovery image

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rnal-storage-0mb-in-twrp-permanently.3830897/

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-twrp-unable-to-mount-storage-internal-storage-0mb/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones