• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP asks for password, can't find/mount partitions

Creideiki

Lurker
Apr 11, 2013
So, I was trying to update my TWRP install to 2.5, but I accidentally used the blob for the ASUS 300TG when I have the 300T only. It wouldn't mount any storage and thus wouldn't allow me to do much of anything with it.

I tried to install the 300t version of TWRP 2.5, and even 2.4 which I had before, and in both cases, it now asks me for a password when I enter recovery. I never had a password set before, and if I hit cancel, it still won't mount any storage or system partitions and thus won't allow me to do much of anything. Not really sure what to do at this point, anyone know how to fix this? I can still boot into the CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.3b4 rom that I installed, if that helps.

Glad I'm not the only one, but it seems it's nothing we did wrong, looks like there is a bug somewhere. Cause I installed the patched TWRP 2.4 from that link, which is what I had in the first place and it worked, then I upgraded to the correct 2.5 release, and got the password prompt again. I read somewhere how to fix it but it requires running ADB commands over USB and when I try, it keeps giving me the error "device offline".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones