• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP Backups 4.2.2 k2_cl(BoostMobile)

thanks; htc said to call boost it appears there selling rooted phones by deleting operating systems.. . and boost .... in telling me I need to factory reset... ... :c is there an alternative... route .. i wnt my pics my texts my screenshots my drafts my saved notes in apps .. etc lol you get the gist of that'.... this is turmoil...
i'm not going to reset ... anything ... kindlly get back to me anyoe... im just going to use this obama phone ... my android was line but i used it mostly to search things on google.. take pics note things..creative writing. etc.. :/

Upvote 0
thanks; htc said to call boost it appears there selling rooted phones by deleting operating systems.. . and boost .... in telling me I need to factory reset... ... :c is there an alternative... route .. i wnt my pics my texts my screenshots my drafts my saved notes in apps .. etc lol you get the gist of that'.... this is turmoil...
If the operating system is wiped as you say, then all of those things are gone already.

What happens when you select the reboot option from fastboot? Also, have you previously unlocked the bootloader? I ask because you say the screen displays "tampered" which would indicate that the bootloader has previously been unlocked.

Upvote 0
If the operating system is wiped as you say, then all of those things are gone already.

What happens when you select the reboot option from fastboot? Also, have you previously unlocked the bootloader? I ask because you say the screen displays "tampered" which would indicate that the bootloader has previously been unlocked.
yeah no i have no idea whats going on.. i did that it seems to just come back to this screen... htc says boost is selling rooted phones... i bought it refurbished off the site.. :/ im sooo sad.. idk .. what happened and i hope i can just turn it on... :/

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
im suprised the help still goes on,i imagine with htc selling this phone cheaper though its prolly getting alot of attention now.i saw where you can get it for 30 bucks now as opposed to my 80 when i bought it.thanks for still being around to help vincent and whoever else.i get too busy irl now to really follow up all the time with this.doesnt mean i cant still help.i mean i do know this phone like my own body,but that i dont frequently check in due to a busy schedule <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
ive never tried running ubuntu on it lol,im glad your still getting good use on it.i should make a v4 but honestly im not sure what to add(keeping in mind due to obvious reasons it has to be something free and not patched or cracked.(you do those on your own leisure).i have thought about remaking it though but making it deodoxed as well to allow to theme more better and such. i could prolly combine lord vincents deodoxed as if im not mistaken its normal htc just deodoxed,but id have to get his permission for such to combine the 2,and prolly add a few more things like different keyboard and such

im not exactly that savvy on knowing how to deodox myself sadly.kudos goes to him in that regard

Upvote 0
still unsure on how i would go about deodoxing things.i also read that it can also cause slowdown so im not really sure if its a best advantage right now.

im working however on changing the phone dialer/contacts using rocketdial and using go sms pro for messages.i may also replace the camera with zoom camera fx.still thinking up ways to make this more a beast in v4 but im back on the case ;P
estimated time maybe a month or less.keep you posted

(again due to piracy reasons,these are all free but some features require a purchase unlock)

(i am not responsible if you choose to find out how to crack mod most of what i add,whitch can be done,but for reasons known i will not disperse that kind of information)

Upvote 0
new update:v4 is underway and im getting close to releasing the beta.still feel i should maybe add more like maybe switching out the ringtones and sounds but eh thatd require finding the right mp3s to add and all that.and mp3s are copyright so ya.if you dont know how to change your call and notification sounds i could prolly help with that,although its not hard as the phone itself allows you to replace those files seamlessly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones