• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TWRP Boot Loop I Soft Bricked my LG G Flex

zapjb

May 17, 2011
No shirking responsibility it is entirely my fault. Please I need help. Plenty of details. I have searched, downloaded a lot of files tried them to no avail & brushed up on my Command Line usage through TWRP Advanced Options.

I foolishly borked it by taking an OTA Update. Now my D950 is not recognized at all when I plug it into my PC. Tried different versions of LG USB Drivers at least versions 4.11, 3.13.2 & another. No recognition, none & I'm using the original LG USB cable.

But everything works on my backup phone LG E980 Optimus Pro. How do I get the PC to recognize my D950? I see this as my LG Flex's biggest problem.

I tried Restore & it finished & said success. But it still boots to the LG logo & then to the TeamWin logo & then to the TWRP home screen.

My PC is Windows 7Px64. Any questions ask away. Possible solutions are welcomed.

Thanks all.

I get this now. Suddenly I boot into this. Tried translating services like Google no soap It's a .jpg & every time I convert it has Asian characters but it is not even close to the original. Anybody know what this means? The options are selectable so I have to know.

2.jpg

Upvote 0
Just had a weird hopeful thing happen. Plug into data cable into pc, booted to LG screen. Then instead of the Korean? screen or the TWRP logo then home. It booted into the AT&T screen with the jingle then my Android home screen. After a few few seconds it powered down with a polite ~not enough power to turn on message.

So I'll fully charge it & see. Hadn't seen the AT&T screen with the jingle then my Android home screen in 5 days!

Upvote 0
SOLVED.
Fingers crossed.
Like to tell you exactly how I solved this. But I can not. If I documented it would have taken 10x as long if at all.

What I think happened was a multitude of things. First I caused it. Second the hardware buttons: vol up, pwr & vol dwn. Tried every combo 1st: pwr & vol dwn, all 3, quick release at LG logo etc. etc. Numerous times in TWRP I did a Recovery which TWRP reported successful. But when I rebooted it went straight to the LG logo & then to the TeamWin logo & then to the TWRP home screen.

But the 2nd to last time I turned it on with pwr & vol up at same time. Got the above Korean screen. Disgusted I turn off by a button combo I forget. Might have been all 3 or vol dwn & pwr. I set my LG G Flex aside for 12-24hrs. Then I plugged into data cable into pc, booted to LG screen. Then instead of the Korean? screen or the TWRP logo then home. It booted into the AT&T screen with the jingle then my Android home screen. After a few few seconds it powered down with a polite ~not enough power to turn on message.

So I charged it up. It booted up like normal fixed! Ugh but my TWRP backup was 4 mos old. So I pwred down. Removed my Google acct from my backup E980. Did all the zillion updates from Google Play & F-Droid with plenty of reboots in between. Made sure Software Updater didn't have wifi/data permissions in AFWall+. Made a new TWRP backup & it rebooted correctly. Fixed Knock-on which TWRP breaks which I documented here.

Pretty stoked I figured this out. Oh total recognition in my PC now. Therapeutic for me & maybe it'll help others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones