1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TWRP for the Prevail (Hroark approved hosting it) :D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Slayer72, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Ok people here we are, I got the proper authority from Hroark to host and distribute this magnificent piece of software finally, so without further adu,

I give to you:

T.W.R.P. for the Prevail

T.W.R.P. is a touchscreen recovery that has a lot of the options that CWM has but easier to use, why?? Because everything is completely touch, that's right, every single function!! Which means it saves a lot of wear and tear on your hardware buttons on your beloved Prevail. Along with the different essential functions like with CWM it also has a terminal emulator in it as well as a file manager to make things even more of a breeze... :D Try it out today and see what a difference it makes on your trusty little Prevail, you won't be disappointed!!

DISCLAIMER: AS WITH ANYTHING ELSE THIS MUST BE DONE, BY USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU AGREE TO NOT HOLD ME OR HROARK13 RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT GO WRONG BY THE USE OF THIS ALTERNATE RECOVERY.

Although Hroark has said that his Prevail was bricked after using this recovery program he also stated that he was playing around with the CDMA partition on his phone a couple days prior to that, so in my opinion I believe that his Prevail's demise was more towards something he was doing with the CDMA partition, and so many of us have been using T.W.R.P. since then and nothing has happened and it has been working absolutely great, so with that give it a shot!! :D

Download Link: Stock_proof_prevail_twrp.zip

Also CWM backups are NOT compatible with TWRP, you must make a new backup with TWRP after you have it in place.

How to install:
    ➯ Copy the zip to your SDCard
    ➯ Boot into ClockWorkMod
    ➯ Select "install zip from sdcard"
    ➯ Select the Stock_proof_prevail_twrp.zip
    ➯ Select "yes"
    ➯ After its finished press back
    ➯ Select "Advanced"
    ➯ Select "Reboot Recovery" to check it out and make your first new backup (Hint, hint!) :p :D

Special thanks to Hroark13 for 1) porting TWRP to our Prevails and 2) for allowing me to host and provide this recovery to everyone so they can have a chance to try it out... :D :smokingsomb: :car:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

Now that you got the ok, I have been using it since day 1 and have had 1 minor problem with a mem loss issue but that got fixed when I did a wipe of dalvik and cache, after that all was good and have done many backups and restores and have used all options with no problems. It is so great and recomend it to every and anyone!!

Slayer72 likes this.
  3. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

When you switch to this you can only use backups from here and not cwm, they are not compattable. Just ask how to be able to get backups from older cwm and will instruct you. Other than that all zips work from my testing.:D

Slayer72 likes this.
  4. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

That is a good point, will add to OP... :) Thx C... :D

5. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Just a little pointer there bro. You may wanna list the steps on how to flash the zip for the newcomers. If you don't, it won't be long before someone asks how to install it.

Slayer72 and Deleted User like this.
  7. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

Something else to add would be : Hroark's "stick.zip" !!!

( if you don't have it, PM me for the link ! ;) )

8. Robertech

Robertech Android Enthusiast

if someone wanted to revert from twrp back to cwm, would we just flash the cwm zip from within twrp or would we have to do it through odin?

9. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

You can just flash it in twrp and that will get cwm back

Slayer72 and Robertech like this.
  10. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

That is how you get old backups to TWRP. You would have to flash back to CWM then restore an old backup then flash TWRP and then make your back up.

w3wiLLPr3vAiL and Slayer72 like this.
  11. Robertech

looks pretty snazzy so far. i dont see myself going back. got all the backups i care for in twrp already :D

Slayer72 likes this.
  12. ovniufo

ovniufo Member

There is any setting we have to set to get the best out of TWRP prior to make anything.

13. Zenwafer

Zenwafer Well-Known Member

From what I gather, it'd only be needed if you used Odin to load your custom recovery. And seeing how this (TWRP) would be flashed in CWM, which most of us got pre-loaded from our rooted images, we won't need it. Am I right, or am I just confused?

14. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

Yes you are correct the stick zip is what makes it so stick so it doesn't go back to the stock recovery. Its not needed when using CWM to flash it.

Slayer72 and Zenwafer like this.
  15. Lordvincent 90

Actually that is just for use with the stock rom. The stock rom has a file in it that installs the stock recovery when the phone boots. All of the custom ROMs have this removed...

Since this will not work with the stock rom, the stick.zip is pointless. :p

wyelkins, Slayer72, cwhatever and 2 others like this.
  16. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Actually Stick.zip is not needed since TWRP is not to be used with Stock Rom and the only time Stick.zip is needed is to overwrite the script in the Stock Rom to make Recovery "stick"... :p

Damn LV beat me to it!! :D :p

vce2005 likes this.
  17. wetbiker7

Lol ! LV wins again.

18. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

........... No comments from "THE OLD RASCAL" :p LMAO!!

19. wetbiker7

Hey, I may be an old rascal . You know what comes with age though don't ya???? Wisdom. You can just refer to me as Old Wise 1 from now on. Lmfao! :p:D

20. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

You got it!! LMMFAO!! :p

21. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

A "Old Wise Rascal" ?????????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Grinzzzzzzzzzzzzz

22. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

LMMFAO!! :p

23. Robertech

Anyone notice when hitting reboot-system it reboots back to recovery, then hitting the same thing again reboots normally? Weird...

24. Lordvincent 90

Same thing happens fairly often with cwm.
    Its a known bug.

Slayer72 likes this.
  25. creed10

creed10 Android Enthusiast

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :D!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:):):D:D:):):):D:D:):D:D:);):p;);):p:p;):p:):):):D:D

Slayer72 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews