1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Twrp on optimus f5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skfl, Jan 21, 2020.

1. skfl

skfl Newbie

Hi guys, I am sk. I still keeping this phone p875. Sorry I might be too late to join as the phone is old. Recently, I ported twrp 3.3 to our device thanks to a porting guide "porting twrp without source" and loki tool from xda. It works fine.
    PS: I am not a developer, just want to try something new. I treat this as learning

Here is the guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-porting-twrp-source-t3843473

Credits: Playfulgod - 2nd init recovery
    Djrbliss - loki tool
    TWRP

Advertisement

ocnbrze likes this.
  2. skfl

skfl Newbie

Here is a look of the twrp recovery

#2 skfl, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  3. skfl

skfl Newbie

Some images of twrp

Attached Files:

4. skfl

skfl Newbie

Attached Files:

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on getting twrp ported to your phone. are you going to share your accomplishment? not sure why you need twrp as i don't think there are any custom roms to flash. at least you can now make nandroid backups, in case something happens.

MrJavi likes this.
  6. skfl

skfl Newbie

Hi, thanks! Realized that u posted reply me on lucid2 thread. Yes I am planning to if anyone wants to test. Also, I ported and installed cm10 from optimus f7, it is not stable lol

Ps: However, I guess not much ppl using this as a daily driver. I am learning linux and develop android os and use this device to try. I ported cwm and philz before but not works

ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  7. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Congratulations @skfl

If you're rooted, you might find Tipatch of interest. Good luck

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum....pp-twrp-tipatch-backup-internal-t3831217/amp/

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. skfl

skfl Newbie

Thanks! To keep things in place, should I reply at here or in xda thread? Which do you guys prefer?

9. skfl

skfl Newbie

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. skfl

skfl Newbie

I copied my reply to MrJavi from xda:
    Hi, thanks for your support! I rooted my device first by old framaroot and used adb shell to install the twrp. There is a flashing guide by djrbliss in github. Fyi, I used mktool that is made by AF member @GameTheory (GT) on Win10 Linux Subsystem. Then I used loki to patch the recovery img. The tool is also available in GT's github: https://github.com/GameTheory-/mktool

#10 skfl, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

that's up to you. but i find that xda can be very drama filled. devs over there can be a bit touchy. for me i go there for my info and leave. AF is the best community over all. we are more like family.

skfl and MrJavi like this.
  12. skfl

skfl Newbie

You have a point! At least there are somebody post threads for this device and its variants (lucid 2-vs870 and spirit-ms870) haha. Therefore I start looking at AF here when xda doesn't hv much info & support for these devices.

13. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Yes, I also agree

ocnbrze likes this.
  14. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Your welcome and @GameTheory is very intelligent. His skills are impressive. Hes also a pretty cool dude. I haven't seen him around AF for a couple of months.

skfl and ocnbrze like this.
  15. skfl

skfl Newbie

And so does Playfulgod too. I discovered my twrp will not wipe my internal storage when pressed wipe data/factory reset. The internal storage is mounted as /data/media. Moreover, our device runs jb 4.1.2 out of the box so tipatch app cannot be used. Anyway, thx for sharing it!

16. skfl

skfl Newbie

Attached Files:

MrJavi likes this.
  17. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

#17 MrJavi, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    skfl and ocnbrze like this.
  18. skfl

skfl Newbie

MrJavi likes this.
  19. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

I see why you like Assayyedkitchen but I see its no longer in development. However, Im not familiar with LG's but I couldn't help but notice "kernel does not have support for SeLinux contents". Its not something I have come across when rooting, modding, or porting Samsungs. I certainly don't want to give advice on something I dont know, just hoping to help.
    It helps to think outside the box when modding and flash custom recoverys/CMR that were developed for a similar device show your ingenuity. Well done.
    Im facing a different, yet somewhat similar issue with a Note 4. The last update on my n910p was a fused 5, binary 4. The aboot prevents downgrading my bootloader and modem. Im still able to flash fused 4, 6.0 MM roms. However, the custom kernel provided with these roms resulted in 4g/LTE data, 3g was the best.
    One of the custom kernel was really fast, snappy and would be totally awesome if it had LTE/4g data. The other is much, much better than stock has LTE/4g data and truelly an excellent kernel but not as responsive.
    There both permissive, there both 6.0 MM and there both by the same developer. So, my challenge is to port the two together in an attempt combine the best of both into one kernel.
    Looking threw the kernels, I discover what I think is Korean in the lib/modules, (DAM !!!#) as if I wasn't already over my head :) I'll keep at it but DAM!! LoL :)

Screenshot_2020-01-23-09-53-35.png Screenshot_2020-01-23-09-51-39.png

#19 MrJavi, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    ocnbrze and skfl like this.
  20. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

#20 MrJavi, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  21. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Heres an old android app that work extremely well. I think Google PS security policies have forced many developers to remove features in their apks if the wish to remain on the play store. ApkEditor pro and RomToolBox pro are some examples.
    Screenshot_2020-01-24-08-39-08.png

I'm able to open up .jar files and port right from my handset.

#21 MrJavi, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  22. skfl

skfl Newbie

It is a good file manager indeed and gd job

23. skfl

skfl Newbie

Hi, the .ko file showed both chinese and korean. I think we need to decompile (or decode) the lib so that we can look at it properly.

MrJavi likes this.
  24. skfl

skfl Newbie

As I know, the .ko files are the drivers of the device

MrJavi likes this.
  25. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Thank you