• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TWRP saying I don't have enough storage, but I do

CrackBaby

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2012
I am certain I have enough free storage on my sd card, yet TWRP is telling me it can't do a nandroid backup because I supposedly don't have enough free space on storage.

I clicked through some other threads that were suggested, and didn't find any answers.

By the way, did goomanager put TWRP on to my sdcard ? I don't think I see it there when I look at the files. I just want to make sure that the backup will be put on to the sdcard, not the other part of the phone.

No, It doesn't put it on your sd card but you will see a folder there for TWRP after you backup. The backup will take about a gig. Do you have that much room? You can select whether to backup to your internal storage or sd card. After you tap on backup, about halfway down you will see something that says storage: and a location. Tap on that to change the location for the backup.

Upvote 0
No, It doesn't put it on your sd card but you will see a folder there for TWRP after you backup. The backup will take about a gig. Do you have that much room?

Ahh...I see. That makes sense. I was running low on space on the actual phone. I removed some movies and the TWRP is backing it up right now. ;) Thanks for the advice - I will make sure to copy it to the sdcard and PC. Just in case.

Upvote 0
Did you use TWRP to root? Did it work ok?

Well, the nandroid backup worked okay, and I've copied them to sdcard and pc.

To root? Well, my phone was already rooted. I don't remember which program I used way back when (ODIN? CWP?)

I was just getting ready to look for the OTA-reminder that I froze, to unfreeze.

Should I double-check that I'm rooted, before I do that?

Upvote 0
Oh, I see.

The only reason I wanted to install TWRP before updating is because I saw TWRP instructions in the Jellybean guide, but no mention of CWM.

I know that titanium has backup files but I don't know how to use them. The one-click nandroid restore is just perfect for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones