• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP v 2.0

OMG this is awesome!!!!!!!! full touch with capacitative buttons working. this is so very easy to use and with no buttons to push any more. gonna rock this recovery for awhile. i just installed this on my 3vo as well. i really suggest that you guys at least check it out. pretty cool.

here is a great video with agrebren from teamwin:
Android Central: TWRP 2.0 First Look - YouTube

also here is what you will see when you install it:
RootzWiki's first look at the TWRP 2.0 - YouTube

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Okay so first impression, takes forever to boot. Second impression, what the heck did it just shutdown, it did. Okay got it up and running. Tried a compressed backup and it compressed the backup to 330MB and backed it up in 278 seconds (I have class 10 card). My restore was fast as well, i don't have the exact time but I would say about 5 min or less. I will flash some stuff later today and tell you how it works.

Upvote 0
The only issue I'm seeing initially is with ext3. If you are partitioned, it would be wise to repartition with TWRP, then backups/restores should be good. Haven't had time to repartition so..... but has anyone done this yet? I would be interested in knowing whether or not ext3 is fine if you decide to go back to the previous recovery that you were on

Upvote 0
The only issue I'm seeing initially is with ext3. If you are partitioned, it would be wise to repartition with TWRP, then backups/restores should be good. Haven't had time to repartition so..... but has anyone done this yet? I would be interested in knowing whether or not ext3 is fine if you decide to go back to the previous recovery that you were on
Is that the only issue at this point? Obviously we are pretty sure that Clockwork has issues with wiping. Are there any other issues to be concerned about? I think I will give this a shot later if I can wrestle my phone away from my Angry Bird obsessed son.

Upvote 0
Ok I just read up on the XDA thread. They updated the RC number and according to VividBoarder, the EXT3 issues are fixed. Sounds like there is still an issue with wiping though. If you guys are interested, here is a revised Calkulin's format all that has been updated to edify scripting. The old wipe zips won't work since they were done with amend scripting.

http://db.tt/LLO7xGDD

Upvote 0
so far no. unfortunately, since i swapped my 16g card to my 3vo, i just partitioned my old card for sh*ts and giggles with trwp. not sure on what andy said on ext 3 as my evo does not have a card partitioned with amon ra any more. but partioning with twrp is super easy now.

i also just flashed mikg3.0 and i have had no issues. it sure does make things more simpler to navigate. i really like it so far.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
I'm really tempted, but man, Amon RA is just so good. And it's not like you really USE recovery a whole lot right? It takes all of 10 minutes to backup, wipe and flash.

true, but i'm always game to try new things. but also it takes a few minutes to switch recoveries as well.

and so far i'm impressed. it turns out though that i did eventually get some fc's, so i re-wiped and fixed permissions and so far so good on mikg3.0.

Upvote 0
No, superwipe is amend scripting. Unless you can find something else out there that is a modified version. Honestly, with RA, I never use superwipe anyway. Just flash the edify Calkulin script three times.

Thats how I use Superwipe *lol* I usually wipe manually 3 times then run superwipe 3 times and have no issue.

I'm alot like you in the fact that I am very happy with Amon Ra. It works. I have not had any issues that were related to the firmware. All of them have been my own mess ups.

Who knows maybe one day Virus will update the superwipe over to edify. I downloaded the caulkin i'm assuming both caulkin and superwipe pretty much do the same exact thing? or are they very different?

Upvote 0
Thats how I use Superwipe *lol* I usually wipe manually 3 times then run superwipe 3 times and have no issue.

I'm alot like you in the fact that I am very happy with Amon Ra. It works. I have not had any issues that were related to the firmware. All of them have been my own mess ups.

Who knows maybe one day Virus will update the superwipe over to edify. I downloaded the caulkin i'm assuming both caulkin and superwipe pretty much do the same exact thing? or are they very different?

caulkin's has two scripts that are used in the superwipe. caulkin's format all and caulkin's clear temp all. the format all is where boot, cache, data & system partitions are wiped. caulkin's temp clears temp files from cache, data & SD card partitions.

the superwipe does both of them and runs them 3x.

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
I agree, I haven't really seen a need to get rid of amon ra, but I'm very tempted to try this. It's just a PC36IMG.zip file right?

Did anyone have issues with accidental touches like argedion wondered?

I'm pretty nervous about the wear that my power button suffers from compared to non-rooted brothers in phone. Hmm.... full touch recovery... very interesting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones