• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP v2.2.2.1 Recovery for Prevail by Hroark13

Nope, have not done a wipe with TWRP...... However, the 10MB increase are known....cwhatever figured that one out........He looses 10MB with TWRP and gains them again with CWM !!! He already talked to Hroark on xda, I believe........ Also, cwhatever did do backups as far as I know...... Maybe he can tell you more about, but I think he said it worked !

Upvote 0
What bugs?

EDIT
Ok. Thanks Kouma. But does the RFS mount bug only affect stock Roms then? Any of the EXT4 Roms should be fine, right? CTMOD, CM7, HONEYBREAD, CM9...

Cwhatever had also mentioned something about backup/restore issues... After restoring his backup, he had 10mb less internal storage available. (He was using ctmod w/ ssm.) I couldn't replicate it on cm7...

Upvote 0
All the issues that were mentioned are what I have experienced. I have not done a wipe but have done backups and they work great. The 10mb lost only happened once when installed TWRP and I then flashed back to CWM and gained it back, then flashed TWRP and lost the 10 again. so said the heck with it and have been using ever since with the 10 lost, works great and is faster too!

Upvote 0
Man, all these people talking about their copy of twrp... I feel left out
happy_crying.jpg

If it makes you feel any better I'm still using cwm too... :rolleyes:

But that's because Hroark asked people to switch back while he FIXES it

I don't know about you, but recovery is the last line of defence for MY phone when I'm not near my computer... I would HATE to go and mess something up because I just HAD to be one of the kewl kids and use an incomplete or flawed recovery.

Lastly- repeatedly posting in this and his xda thread isn't going to get him to re-release it any sooner...

K? K...;)

Upvote 0
Now I know we were asked to not use this! That is like putting candy in front of a kid and telling them it's no good for you! Well I'm one of those if it isn't broke don't fix it!! I just got a prevail off ebay, (cheap, stupid cheap!), I rooted it and put ct with ssm and all for a mp3 player and games! I then put TWRP on it (which is on my daily driver too), I lost the 10mb again but on this phone I said lets flash some themes and stuff and wiped dalvik and cache after install using the option after install there and got back the 10 and some more !:))) I then did it on my daily phone and waaalaaaaaaa got back the 10!!! :)) so I tried all options and all on both phones and have had no problems whatsoever!! Just thought I would give my input of what I have experienced! It is working great and I really like it!

Upvote 0
I think it was the stock file system type that screwed it up. Not sure.
Last prevail I had got smushed yesterday :banghead::banghead:
Time to get the wife something new

I hear you on that. It is working great for me and love it! So glad I got back the 10 even though I didn't need it but was just wondering why. Once it is working and the way I like I usually don't mess with it due to I always mess things up doing something I shouldn't have, but glad I kept this! Sorry about your prevail, look on ebay they are dirt cheap!!!!

Upvote 0
If it makes you feel any better I'm still using cwm too... :rolleyes:

But that's because Hroark asked people to switch back while he FIXES it

I don't know about you, but recovery is the last line of defence for MY phone when I'm not near my computer... I would HATE to go and mess something up because I just HAD to be one of the kewl kids and use an incomplete or flawed recovery.

Lastly- repeatedly posting in this and his xda thread isn't going to get him to re-release it any sooner...

K? K...;)

I did the same thing, LV. TWRP is cool, but I went back to CWM just to be safe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones