• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TWRP wont Flash Rom (Galaxy S4 I9505)

It's always worth checking the md5, but it's not something you do in recovery. You check the checksum of the downloaded file matches that on the download site before attempting to install it. There is a thread about this in the FAQs section of the forum.

However, as long as you don't have a corrupt sd card (e.g. a cheap card that isn't what it is supposed to be) it's not so likely that both are bad downloads.

Has this particular recovery ever flashed anything your phone? And do you have signature verification off (off is what you want)? Though if that's the problem I'd expect it to say so.

I don't have a S4, so am not familiar with ROMs for it. But if you want someone to comment on those you need to provide links rather than names, in case for example you are downloading files for the wrong S4 version.

Reactions: James L
Upvote 0
I'll follow your advice on checking the files if they match the site.

And my SD card seems to be working fine, I used an card adapter to move the files In to it as well.

And no, I installed TWRP because of a tutorial I was following to install the ROM

The following rom is what I wanted to install
https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx

My phone is a Galaxy S4 i9505

But thank you for all the advice so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones