1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General TXT Messages not working correctly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kd7wrc, Sep 5, 2009.

1. kd7wrc

kd7wrc New Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Okay, I've had my G1 for less than a year, and I only have one big complaint about it. Sometimes it won't receive txt or picture messages. I know I'm not getting messages because for example a friend will send a message to me, I won't get it and when I talk to them on the phone later, they will ask if I got the message. Or, for example, I have some mobile alerts set up through T-Mobile every day at 9:00 am, and I won't get all of them. Then, a few days later, all of a sudden for no good reason, I will all the messages that I have not been getting the past few days. Today, I got about 14 messages at once from the last few days. It's really frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

1.) Model Number ? T-Mobile G1
    2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version ? 62.50s.20.17H_2.22.19.26I
    4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27-00393-g6607056
    5.) Build Number ? CRC1

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
    PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? I do have a data plan, but not on PAYG or FlexPay

Carrier ? T-Mobile

Country you are using your phone in ? United States

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone?
    I believe it is. When I log into T-Mobile.com, it says I'm on a G1

Advertisement

2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Welcome to the world of text messaging. It's fairly common that a certain amount of text messages never arrive, or arrive hours/days late. It's rare, but it does happen. I don't know anyone where this hasn't happened every once in awhile. The more often you text, the more likely you are to see something like this happening.

Tags: