1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support txting and other issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lfcevans, Jan 9, 2012.

1. lfcevans

lfcevans Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    Wales UK
    Hello. I`m new to the forums. :D

After reading the reviews for the Ace, I decided to by one on a PAYG. The price was a really good one just before Christmas ;). It was branded with the "3" network, but wasnt locked to them. I was tipped off about this btw.
    My orange sim worked fine, after updating the settings that orange sent me, everything worked sweet (wifi, gprs, 3G). The only trouble is...or was that txt msgs took ages to come through...sometimes, and txts kept "failing" when trying to send. I contacted orange about this numerous times and they eventually and surprisingly decided to send me a new phone...which was a shock for a PAYG.
    My new phone came last night, but when I put my sim in, it came up with a message...."Network locked" "emergency calls only". I contacted orange again and after numerous attempts to fix it, they decided to send me another phone...which is coming tonight.
    While I`ve been waiting for the phone to arrive, I have surfed the net to see if txting is an issue with the Galaxy Ace, and apparently it is, but orange customer service either ignored it, or they havent had the info cascaded to them. Now I now this, I realise there may not have been anything wrong with my original phone. :mad:
    So....my question is, when the phone arrives and hopefully works, I want to "debrand" it and "unlock it" because the info says that the phone will work better without orange (or any other company) branding, this is going to cost me

Advertisement