1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support TXTS getting split up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SamXp, Dec 17, 2010.

1. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

Just got my EVO today and can't figure out why my texts are coming in split up (far less than 160chars). This happening to anyone else?

Advertisement

2. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2010
    No but I have a problem where every time i get a picture message the message appears above all the old messages so i got to scroll up older messages to find a picture the person recently send

3. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

This isn't happening to anyone else?? This is a royal pain. I've tried ChompSMS, Handcent, nothing helps.

My messages come in like this:

4. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 4, 2009
    I'd be more worried about what language they're coming in as! I cant even read that!
    But seriously, could it be an issue with the sender? A friend of mine's texts always come in like that. He said it's something to do with his phone?

5. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

Haha, yeah I might need a lorem ipsum translator!

If it is an issue with the sender, it is an issue with everyone that texts me because they all do it.

6. ajl995

ajl995 Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I would try to find someone who has a phone like yours and have them send a large text to you. I have this problem with a few people when they send me a text but I think there phone does not have the capacity to send large text. I say this is because all of the other text I get, comes in 1 message

7. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

Ok, so this seems to be specific to recieving large texts from Verizon phones. Called Sprint and they had me power down for three minutes while they reset some settings on their end and still have the problem so now I need to go to the store. They better not even think about trading out my EVO for a refurb.

8. pepeg83

pepeg83 Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2011
    I just got my wife an EVO for christmas to match the one I got back in June and when I get SMS messages from her they get split at around 90 characters... I agree it is very annoying!! please let me know if there's a solution!!

Tags: