• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
What do you feel is the best, easiest to work with typing app? Keep in mind, I have sausages for fingers. I am doing OK with latest TS keyboard, as it pops suggestions, but still do tons of errors. fingers simply press several keys..

There are some ways to adjust the touch quality of the screen, but that can get tricky and mess things up. My favorite is swype. It is fast, but if you make a mistake by touching an incorrect letter, yet you get all the others correct in the word the program usually fixes ur mistake correctly.

The other option is to just turn the phone. Do you have a keyboard and app that permits you to use the phone on its side? The keys of the keyboard are much larger at that point and may help.

Another option that does not always work is to use the voice to text built in from google. Hit that little microphone button and after that no fingers required. I use it often while driving when I need to text or navigate to somewhere.

Do a search for Fat Finger Keyboards and a lot come up. The Droid Charge is a little sensitive to some programs, so be careful as keyboards are not as easy to install as a regular app in some cases.

Dave

Reactions: ukrkoz
Upvote 0
Thank you.
I am trialing out SwiftKey. First time I managed to type with both thumbs! It does have very good predictability, even guesses next word I want to type. I tried Swype, but it's way too erroneous for me. Dictation is out of question, I have accent. None of those work with even slight one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones