• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Typing I'll

jgreen0227

Aug 17, 2010
So is there an easy way to type the word "I'll". I have to upper case the letters then type "I", then switch to the symbols and type ', then back to the letters to type "ll". This just seems way to much for a little word. My BB Tour would recognize so much easier. If there is no easy way to type it, wonder if Froyo will fix it.

Also when typing a period, why do I have to double space manually? It should move 2 spaces over automatically.

People who "grew up" during my time were taught to double-space after a period. But that's no longer the standard. Now it's just one space after a period. I learned that from someone in the typesetting business in the 90s and was surprised, but a subsequent search on Google bore that out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones