• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Typing in landscape mode

jrd32950

Lurker
Oct 14, 2010
My HTC Aria displays the text that I enter in portrait mode but it does not display text in the landscape mode. However, if I enter text in the landscape mode that is not displayed in the text box and then turn the phone to the portrait mode the text is displayed that I entered in the landscape model. Strange. Anyone had this issue? Anyone with an answer or suggestion?

My HTC Aria displays the text that I enter in portrait mode but it does not display text in the landscape mode. However, if I enter text in the landscape mode that is not displayed in the text box and then turn the phone to the portrait mode the text is displayed that I entered in the landscape model. Strange. Anyone had this issue? Anyone with an answer or suggestion?

There has been reports of this happening since the Aria has been released. I have personally never had it happened to me, but I have read several threads about this issue on several different sites. I know of at least one thread about this on a custom ROM based on the AT&T ROM, too.

Since it is not very prevalent, it may be environmental based one or more apps that have been installed or running in combination that causes the issue.

Regards,

Tom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones