1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Typing Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nicolett, May 19, 2015.

1. nicolett

nicolett Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2010
    When using my keyboard to type anything online, texts or emails I keep having the same problem. It happens with the Samsung keyboard and other third party keyboard. It will take the last letter from one of the words I typed and move it with the cursor as I continue to type until I stop and then it places it.

For example, if I write "He just got a Samsung Galaxy today." It will do this "H just got a Samsung Galaxy todaye."

Whatever the last letter in the first word is, it will move along with my cursor as I type and tack it on to the end of my sentence. This happens every single time I'm typing and it's frustrating. It's definitely an issue with the phone because I've tried a bunch of third party apps and it happened with them all. It did not happen with the same keyboards on my S5.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement

2. kwren

kwren Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2015
    I am experiencing something similar only when texting. Often when I type a word ending in 'ing', the program adds a space and a g to the end of the word.

Very frustrating!

3. MrDelaware

MrDelaware Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    I had this issue as well and it was aggravating to say the least. I read an article over the weekend that discussed this issue and they said the S6 doesn't have options provided on the previous versions with regard to keyboards. They said you used to have the option of using the Samsung, Google, or some other keyboard. Now, you only have the Samsung keyboard which sucks. After reading the article, I went to the Play Store and downloaded the official Google keyboard. It's waaaaayyyyyy better than the default Samsung keyboard. It has its quirks but it doesn't completely change the words, add random spaces, move the cursor, etc... on you while you type.

nicolett and mikedt like this.
  4. kwren

kwren Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2015
    Thanks for the suggestion...it's way better now! I just wish the punctuation marks were on the same page as the letters.

nicolett likes this.
  5. nicolett

nicolett Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2010
    I am using the SwiftKey keyboard, that I downloaded from the Playstore, and it is much more accurate but I'm still having the same issue that I described in my op.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.