• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nicolett

Nov 15, 2010
When using my keyboard to type anything online, texts or emails I keep having the same problem. It happens with the Samsung keyboard and other third party keyboard. It will take the last letter from one of the words I typed and move it with the cursor as I continue to type until I stop and then it places it.

For example, if I write "He just got a Samsung Galaxy today." It will do this "H just got a Samsung Galaxy todaye."

Whatever the last letter in the first word is, it will move along with my cursor as I type and tack it on to the end of my sentence. This happens every single time I'm typing and it's frustrating. It's definitely an issue with the phone because I've tried a bunch of third party apps and it happened with them all. It did not happen with the same keyboards on my S5.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I had this issue as well and it was aggravating to say the least. I read an article over the weekend that discussed this issue and they said the S6 doesn't have options provided on the previous versions with regard to keyboards. They said you used to have the option of using the Samsung, Google, or some other keyboard. Now, you only have the Samsung keyboard which sucks. After reading the article, I went to the Play Store and downloaded the official Google keyboard. It's waaaaayyyyyy better than the default Samsung keyboard. It has its quirks but it doesn't completely change the words, add random spaces, move the cursor, etc... on you while you type.

Reactions: nicolett and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones