1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Typing password in android

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by 96vksingh, Jun 26, 2019.

1. 96vksingh

96vksingh Lurker

It generally happens while we type password in our Android phone, so the character is seen before it changes to star. It doesn't happen with the computers. What would be reason behind this?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

It's because it's easy to mistype a character on a small virtual keyboard. That behavior allows you to verify that you've typed the correct character before moving on.

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Check the 'Make passwords visible' option, probably in your Settings >> Security menu (or Settings >> More >> Security menu, its location will vary depending on your phone model and version of Android). Enable or disable the option to your liking.
    It might be worth your time to just go through all the options in your device's Settings menu so you can customize/optimize the way you like. There are plenty of other ways to alter the user interface.

ocnbrze and MoodyBlues like this.
  4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Adding to what others have said, the setting that controls this behavior may be in your keyboard. I use Hacker's Keyboard and one of its options is "Popup on keypress."

You didn't ask for it, but I'm going to give you my advice: don't disable it! As @lunatic59 pointed out, it's easy to press the wrong key, and this feature can save you some headaches.

ocnbrze and lunatic59 like this.