1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Typing tips anyone...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by muddasick, Dec 21, 2011.

1. muddasick

muddasick Newbie

Hello had the S2 for less than a week now and i love the phone. but coming from a blackberry i find typing a bit difficult. The keyboard itself is more responsive and easier to access in both portrait and landscape mode on the S2. The problem is the constant spell checking and interpretive typing deal... it truly makes it more difficult, but i spell too bad not have it on.

is there a setting configuration that allows for easier typing?

Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

Swype? I like it but it needs some time to get use to it. What's wrong with the spell check? Does it get in the way?

3. muddasick

muddasick Newbie

It is difficult to explain this challenge i am having with typing. the suggested words are usually wrong and then it becomes very difficult to get the word that you really want. Im sure someone coming front a blackberry could understand what Im saying.

But to be honest as i become more efficient with the S2 KEYPAD and make less mistakes to have to be corrected I can really fly while typing. So maybe my issue was based on my inexperience with the KEYPAD and not a real issue after all.

4. kevin625

kevin625 Newbie

Here's some tips:

Use Swype. (better than texting with two thumbs!)

The more you practice, the more you get used to it. I just came from a physical keyboard too and I got used to the touch screen stuff.

It'll come eventually, and just take a quick glance at the word you're trying to type. I don't get the words I want all the time, but it's usually on the "suggested" words, if not, just delete it and re-swype the word again.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews