• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Typing tips anyone...

muddasick

Dec 18, 2011
Hello had the S2 for less than a week now and i love the phone. but coming from a blackberry i find typing a bit difficult. The keyboard itself is more responsive and easier to access in both portrait and landscape mode on the S2. The problem is the constant spell checking and interpretive typing deal... it truly makes it more difficult, but i spell too bad not have it on.

is there a setting configuration that allows for easier typing?

Any help would be appreciated.

It is difficult to explain this challenge i am having with typing. the suggested words are usually wrong and then it becomes very difficult to get the word that you really want. Im sure someone coming front a blackberry could understand what Im saying.

But to be honest as i become more efficient with the S2 KEYPAD and make less mistakes to have to be corrected I can really fly while typing. So maybe my issue was based on my inexperience with the KEYPAD and not a real issue after all.

Upvote 0
Here's some tips:

Use Swype. (better than texting with two thumbs!)

The more you practice, the more you get used to it. I just came from a physical keyboard too and I got used to the touch screen stuff.

It'll come eventually, and just take a quick glance at the word you're trying to type. I don't get the words I want all the time, but it's usually on the "suggested" words, if not, just delete it and re-swype the word again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones