• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help U8150 PC sync - Can anyone help?

I have a U8150 [dur] and its running 2.2, just got from the store yesterday. Can anyone help me with software for syncing to the PC? I have downloaded the hi suite, but when I try and connect it says "Please download the device driver" and to set usb debugging on, which i have. How do I download it?

Hi there,

We also recently bought a U8150 and we're just learning how to use it.

Not knowing what an "hi suite" is, I was going to mention the download you can get through the Huawei website, but when I looked on their website just now I realised that must be what you mean.

I haven't downloaded it yet but now wonder whether I should bother if it doesn't work.

Did you get the problem sorted out? If so could you tell us what was wrong or how you fixed it?

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hey guys here is a tutorial to get the hi suite to work on ideos.

First you have to download the Hi Suite from the Huawei site.
http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=&flay=software&fileName=110309033615.zip&attachmentName=U8800%20PC%20(U8800%20Hi%20%20suit).zip

Once installed go settings>applications>development
and tick USB debugging.

Connect your Ideos phone and wait a few seconds. when your phone asks you about turning on mass storage. DO NOT enable.

To tell if USB debugging is enabled you will see the Android lady bug in the top left corner of the screen.

go into the Hi Suite application and click on the connect button in the middle of the screen..

note. you may have to wait a couple of minutes for the drivers to self install themselves on your computer for the first time only.

ENJOY!

Reactions: jovacbr and pogs
Upvote 0

http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=&flay=software&fileName=110309033615.zip&attachmentName=U8800%20PC%20(U8800%20Hi%20%20suit).zip

and tick USB debugging.

Connect your Ideos phone and wait a few seconds. when your phone asks you about turning on mass storage. DO NOT enable.

To tell if USB debugging is enabled you will see the Android lady bug in the top left corner of the screen.

go into the Hi Suite application and click on the connect button in the middle of the screen..

note. you may have to wait a couple of minutes for the drivers to self install themselves on your computer for the first time only.

ENJOY!

Hey, I tried following your instructions just now, ticked USB debugging, never saw the Adroid ladybub turn green (just gray/ghosted one upper left).

Proceeded anyway, got the New hardware found message when I connected the USB which I thought was good (at least it knew it as IDEOS), but got the message:

"Cannot install this hardware as the wizard cannot find the necessary software"

(asks if I have the CD or know where to locate the software)

Can you tell me what I need to do to sort this out?

I told it to finish and a folder appeared with a couple of driver subfolder choices - maybe what I need is in one of those...?

Anyway, I went ahead and clicked the Hi suite connect button but got the message that the "device not found" and asks whether the driver is installed (guess not).

Cheers, Paul

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

and tick USB debugging.

ENJOY!
i have a same problem but with U8800-ideos x5. can you help me,some hi suite for this device? whit samsung galaxy fit i use kies and work fine.

Upvote 0
Real dumb question time (and you'll be able to tell I'm brand new at this) I assume the Hi Suite mentioned below is supposed to be installed on the pc and not the phone?

and tick USB debugging.

ENJOY!

Upvote 0
Real dumb question time (and you'll be able to tell I'm brand new at this) I assume the Hi Suite mentioned below is supposed to be installed on the pc and not the phone?

Correct. Much like Nokia PC Suite / Ovi Suite for Nokia or Samsung Kies for Samsung.

It's installed on the PC.

Personally, I am having trouble with this part (in bold):

and tick USB debugging.

ENJOY!

Upvote 0

I never did get it to work with our U8150 so just gave up on it. Checked this forum quite a few times for answers but never saw anything potentially useful until possibly your post.

Are you saying that everybody who wants PC synching to work has to have the app indicated above? How is it that nobody ever mentioned that before? Unbelievable.

So anyway, I clicked on the link and see that even that, based on reviews, the app doesn't always work (or doesn't appear to). I wonder whether its worth bothering with it.

Upvote 0
Correct. Much like Nokia PC Suite / Ovi Suite for Nokia or Samsung Kies for Samsung.

It's installed on the PC.

Personally, I am having trouble with this part (in bold):
Many thanks for that. Got it installed and was able to download the drivers for it from the manufacturer's site. All working :)

For those who need the drivers: http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201105239635/hi_suite_en/

Just above the large download button for Hi Suite is a small text link "Download USB Driver".

Upvote 0
I never did get it to work with our U8150 so just gave up on it. Checked this forum quite a few times for answers but never saw anything potentially useful until possibly your post.

Are you saying that everybody who wants PC synching to work has to have the app indicated above? How is it that nobody ever mentioned that before? Unbelievable.

So anyway, I clicked on the link and see that even that, based on reviews, the app doesn't always work (or doesn't appear to). I wonder whether its worth bothering with it.

Initially I thought it wasn't working because it was taking forever for the 8150 to connect to the laptop. Turns out, I have to manually input the PIN code on the PC/laptop application in the initial set up.

It's amazing. No need for cables or bluetooth.

Here's some screenshots:

Device

2326317-uqg4.jpg

PC/Laptop

Upvote 0
I got it to work pretty quickly, if u have repeated probs with it a solution might be to download "wifi static" it worked with swiftp for me.

But yea my only question now is, can I use android sync manager to connect to my laptop's wifi card directly instead of the network?

"...can I use android sync manager to connect to my laptop's wifi card directly instead of the network?

When you say network, do you mean your internet service provider (ISP)?

Upvote 0
"...can I use android sync manager to connect to my laptop's wifi card directly instead of the network?

When you say network, do you mean your internet service provider (ISP)?

Network meaning my physical router where my computers connect through wirelessly, but what if I want to connect when I'm with my laptop in another place and want to just connect through the laptop's wifi card?

Upvote 0
Yes, I got your point. It seems that the PC app won't connect with the device client unless both devices use the same Wifi network. I realized that it won't connect to the PC the way bluetooth connects both devices. I thought the phone's data goes to the Android Sync Manager website servers.

Update:

I just double checked. The PC app will still sync with the device app even if the ISP modem is off (no internet) as long as the Wifi router is still on.

Reactions: Seben
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones