1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Uber Driver App reverts to new version after downgrade

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by electroconvulsive, Sep 10, 2018.

1. electroconvulsive

I have been running the Uber driver app for over a year now and recently it updated to a new version of the app which is frankly a mess. So i tried to downgrade by uninstalling and then downloading an older version of the app. When the older version is installed it asks me to log in and voila I have the old app running again. But then if I exit the app and reopen it. The new version is back. I have tried turning off all auto updates, turning off auti update for the Uber driver app only, force stopping the Uber application and clearing the cache and then uninstalling and restarting the phone before reinstalling and I have also tried deleting /internal storage/android/data/com.uber.xxx and /sdcard/android/data/com.uber.xxx which neither of have returned on re installation. The version I install is roughly 65Mb and after the first restart and revert to newer version it bloats out to about 135Mb. So what is going on is even though I have uninstalled and removed all caches etc. how come a new version is hanging around in my phone to replace the version I am trying to install and use. Where is it? Can I get rid of it? What can I do to stop this from happening? I am open to almost any suggestion including factory resetting my phone but I want to be sure that this won't happen again even after taking such extreme measures.

My phone is a Lenovo p2a42 running Android 7.0 with the latest system and app updates. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

It's more than likely controlled by the Uber app, and has nothing to do with your phone.
    Some apps do a forced update that cannot be resolved

3. electroconvulsive

Hey thanks for your response. You are probably right considering Uber's behavior in general. However it auto upgrades to the first of the new version as I have discovered but even when offline. My impression is that there is a apk hidden in the root folder and my 2 choices are to either root the phone and access the root folder to delete it or reset it to factory state after removing the app in the vain hope my Google account won't put the mystery file back.

bismarkotu likes this.

Uber Driver

Uber Driver Forum

com.ubercab.driver

Uber Driver app – the app for drivers. Turn your spare time into earnings with the new Driver app — built with drivers, to bring you helpful information at your fingertips. Help as you move people and things where they need to go. Drive whenever you want — no offices, no bosses. Wherever you want to go, we want you to enjoy the journey and the destination. Sign up to drive inside the Uber Driver app. We’ll guide you through the steps and notify you when you’re all set to drive. A smarter way to earn Keep track of how much you’re making after every trip, right on the map. Schedule driving around your life. Plan your days easier with estimated times until your next request and a forecast of rider activity in your area over the next 24 hours. The support you need to use the Uber Driver app Take the fear out of your first trips with Uber — you’ll learn how to use the app when you first open it. Get the help you need with an easy in-app tool to report issues or ask questions. *This app typically uses 2 GB of data per month. Using navigation can decrease your phone’s battery life.

READ MORE
March 23, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
50M+
Installs