1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ubisoft's "Rocksmith" looks like it could be a winner.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Joe Dirt, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    work for the man.
    TEXAS
    I've been playing guitar for about 15 years, I never got into the "guitar hero" fad, it looked kinda dumb. While I was at gamestop yesterday picking up Duke, I saw an ad for Rocksmith, use any real guitar though usb. I have seven guitars and love to find new reasons to play. If its done right and works like they say this could be a real winner.

What do you think?

Rocksmith | Ubisoft | Home

Advertisement

2. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Mississippi
    This is one I'm going to be watching closely. I love guitar myself (not great at it, but I know a little) and hopefully this will be something really entertaining.

3. Bomfy

Bomfy Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    I agree, it looks to have a great deal of potential and I will probably give it a go. I do enjoy the guitar, but don't think I can say I play the guitar. I am an early novice at absolute best.

4. AmneonX

AmneonX Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    http://www.androidwaypoint.com
    Michigan
    There is a gane called, The Gig, that uses a real guitar controller alrady. I havent played it but it looked cool

5. ParishL31

ParishL31 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Student
    Colorado
    The Gig is just like the Rock Band Pro stuff, you have to buy their guitar controllers. What's really neat about Rocksmith is it sells a cable that hooks up any real guitar to the game, so you don't have to buy a $200 controller/guitar if you already own a real guitar.

I'll probably pick it up. When I play the music games I really enjoy just playing the five notes and have the music game feel. Playing real guitar is much different and fun in a different way.

It'd be next to impossible to sight read an actual song with so many notes flying at you, but Rocksmith's system is supposed to adapt to you and make it easier or harder depending how well you're doing so it'll be interesting. It'll definetely be a cool way to learn new songs on real guitar though.

6. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    work for the man.
    TEXAS
    Picked it up today. Played 4 hours. Fingers really hurt but the game is lots of fun, picked up a few new riffs. It is done very well.

7. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    I'm a little bit disappointed theres no Wii version, but not surprised for some reason.
    Ah well, I really only play games like that to kill time, and Rockband still works fine for that.