1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (13.04 Coming Soon!!!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbheromax, Jul 9, 2013.

1. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

[​IMG]reserved for screenshots

3. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

reserved for FAQs

4. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

Thank you for this build it's much appreciated. But is the auto mount file supposed to be download able or no?

5. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Yes it is, upon first run of the sh script it copies the auto mount file to /system/xbin so u can execute the Ubuntu from anywhere in ur terminal

6. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

You open the link chrome, and right click save as, and name the file "ubuntu" and case sensitive

7. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

I was using opera and it would just open the file not download it but I got and now I'm just waiting for the largest file to download probably won't be for awhile but as soon as it's finished I'll start with the process and let you know how it goes. Thanks again

8. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Okay, but I will have to eventually update my scripts to mount the other partitions accordingly... Tomorrow I should have a fully working straight to the point install 13.04 raring.

9. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

10. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

So should I wait for the updated one or it doesn't matter?

11. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Doesn't really matter, but u do need to redownload the scripts (not the large img tho) because some other partitions have to be mounted. This 13.04 raring is working fine in qemu on PC (configured ssh, vnc, X server, sudo works) but somehow the Debian and Ubuntu apt mirrors don't like that the build is armhf (better for our devices) and won't let me update apt sources. Working on it now and then I will upload to my web server :D

12. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

Is the 13.04 build up and running?

13. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Actually I'm finaling it now, I created an all in one toolkit to handle the download in right to the phone, although it will take a while, but it also has a backup function of running from a previously DL IMG (DL file on computer and copy to sdcard). All that is needed is busybox installed to /system/xbin/ I'm working on getting my toolkit to include installing that automatically and a few minor changes and I'll be done and hopefully builds will be available tomorrow evening around 7 pm est

14. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Android Enthusiast

how's this project coming along now

15. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

i got tied up in some things...but i have made some progress such as getting more bins to work...

16. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Android Enthusiast

Nice looking forward to this

17. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Kyocera Hydro Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews