1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ubuntu touch preview image now available for Nexus 7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daffyduck, Feb 21, 2013.

1. daffyduck

daffyduck Guest

Okay, so it's a bit off-subject than Android but its for our beloved Nexus 7.

Its a developer image apparently and some things don't work (e.g. audio output) but I'm going to try it just out of interest.....

Link attached https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install

Health warning - this isn't for newbies on rooting, as I am still trying to work out how to get it installed onto the tablet myself!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Android Enthusiast

Sweetness! Can't wait to see how this turns out when it's finished

3. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

have you got it installed? what is working and what is not? i cant find a list of known bugs. i want to flash it but i want some clarity on what doesnt work first

4. daffyduck

daffyduck Guest

If you check the release notes, it shows what is and isn't working for each Nexus device.

In terms of getting it installed, I've had to stop work as I am having to focus on work I'm afraid. But after doing some investigation into how to do it, it's really not straightforward at all.

To get it flashed, you have a to be running an Ubuntu development environment on a pc or laptop, which means either running Ubuntu from a flash drive, or having dual boot on a Windows laptop. The image you would then need gets downloaded to the development environment.

Hence, I've temporarily halted any work on it, as I need to spend time elsewhere and I can't afford to have non working tablets or laptops.

Maybe as time goes on, somebody will find an easier way, such as dual boot on Android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

h4x0rj3ff likes this.
  5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

i added the ppa (i primarily run ubuntu - no duel boot) im just a little hesitant to flash it over to my device lol

6. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

0.o i just looked at the release note... yeah i think ill wait till some more of the bugs are worked out.

7. daffyduck

daffyduck Guest

I've also heard reports about Nexus 4 running warm and if you run the battery down, you may not be able to revive it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD