1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Ubuntu?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NoMayoPlease, Nov 19, 2012.

1. NoMayoPlease

NoMayoPlease Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2012
    Now, I don't know much about Ubuntu and I don't know anything about making roms, but I do know Ubuntu can run on android. What I would like to know is if it is possible for someone to make a Ubuntu rom? A rom, or even like a backup that could be easily flashed and accessed. Or maybe I'm just crazy and don't know what I am talking about.

Advertisement

2. kanaida

kanaida Android Expert
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    .Net and Android Programmer
    There's ubuntu installers in the market. However it's best if you want to try it out to use a pc. Just go to Home | Ubuntu and download the desktop 32 (or 64 bit if your machine is 64bit). The 32 bit one works guaranteed though. Just download the .ISO cd image and burn it to a disk, you can boot your pc by leaving the cdrom inside (sometimes you need to press a key F2/F12/ESC) you can run it right off the disc without installing it. It's pretty dope for when your pc's not working and you need a working computer to copy stuff off your dead windows install. It runs much better than windows on some pc's. Just don't expect to run netflix or itunes. Everything else pretty much works and comes on the cd though, like an office suite, image and movie players etc... unlike windows.

Mortician607 likes this.
  3. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Male
    Prototype Precision Machinist
    Tri-Cities, Michigan
    itunes imo is junk! lol and as of a couple of days ago you can now run netflix in linux (ubuntu only) Netflix on Ubuntu Is Here | iheartubuntu

Mortician607 likes this.