• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root UD Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 (FRF22D

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 79 66.4%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 24 20.2%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
Dude! You trying to make me wet myself? :D

Well, if Blackdroid's twitter is to believed at all then yep.
Just flashed BB0.5 and the market issue is hilarious. Haven't flashed a BB in a long time but if he want's to continue calling his ROMs "bugless" then he needs to get on it. And necessitating a patch for a core function is not a "fix".

Upvote 0
Chrome2Phone is working just fine for me as well. I wish there were some way to Phone2Chrome though!

There is! :)

Android2Cloud

Available in Market: android2cloud - Android app on AppBrain

It uses the "Share" function which is in the menu of the stock browser. This function alone prompted me to switch back to the stock browser from xScope.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the stock browser had improved significantly since I had last used it sometime in late 2009. I actually prefer it over the 3rd party browser I was using (xScope), go figure. :)

Upvote 0
From blackdroidmod.com via droidforums.net

For now blackdroidmod.com will be redirected to the droidfourms section. The host of blackdroidmod.com has unexpectedly lost the databases for our forums and website. Im going to try to do everything I can to use the backups of the databases to get the forums back to its original state, but if not blackdroidmod.com will be returning full force.

I will have to say im sorry for being so quite lately. I have been sick and one of my close relatives just recently passed.

On a lighter note I would like to thank Zalyia38 for sending me my new used droid. Make sure to thank Zalyia38 because this will speed up development 10 fold.

Its been a rough week but im not going to let you guy down. Even though it has been a lot longer than normal I assure you UDEX 9 is well worth the wait.

Upvote 0
I don't understand how 7 people could rate this ROM as "average," 3 said it's not ready for primetime, and 5 people said it is not even worth using?

I think that for the most part, people on this forum care about the enduser first and foremost. You bought your phone, you like to customize it, and you like to maximize its performance. This ROM has been incredible since UDx3.5.0, and yet some say it's just average?

I just don't get it. Oh well, to each his/her own, I suppose. I haven't changed from UD since 3.5, and I really don't see any need to. Unless something new comes along that just totally blows everything away, but I think we're approaching the "limit" for the phone.

Nevertheless, bring on UDx 9!

Upvote 0
I don't understand how 7 people could rate this ROM as "average," 3 said it's not ready for primetime, and 5 people said it is not even worth using?

I think that for the most part, people on this forum care about the enduser first and foremost. You bought your phone, you like to customize it, and you like to maximize its performance. This ROM has been incredible since UDx3.5.0, and yet some say it's average.

It's just this simple: not all ROMs and kernels perform the same on every DROID. Of course, you can't totally dismis that there are fanboys and fangirls out there that are just hatin on Blackdroid for whatever reason. Just people being people.

Upvote 0
can anyone point me in the right direction to download kernals?

loving this rom but the battery life is killing me, just took it off the dock on full charge and within 10mins of light use my battery went down 10%. would running a OC kernal help change this or just eat up my battery life even more?

That is normal. Droids stop charging at 100% and then start to use battery even when docked to prevent damage to the battery. So the only way to get 100% charge is to take it off the moment it hits 100%

Kernals
http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/98988-froyo-kernels.html

Reactions: h0use gr00ves
Upvote 0
So I was using gmail today and noticed something very odd going on with the picture icon for the sender/receiver. Not exactly sure how to explain this so I will do my best.

Whenever I reply to a message it is showing a picture of one of my contacts and not myself. I went into my gmail settings on my desktop and it is showing my picture and if I send an original email it shows my picture but whenever I reply to a message it shows the picture of my contact and not myself. If I press the picture it brings up a contact icon or gmail contact, if I press the contact info it brings up my contact info with my picture and when it goes back to the original message my picture is showing but if I reply again to the message it shows the other picture.

Is there a setting I am missing or is this some strange bug that I may have discovered?

Upvote 0
That is normal. Droids stop charging at 100% and then start to use battery even when docked to prevent damage to the battery. So the only way to get 100% charge is to take it off the moment it hits 100%

Kernals
http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/98988-froyo-kernels.html

ur explanation makes valid sense however when i was using lfy this was not the case. with lfy it would stay at 100% for several hrs with light use. im sitting on 60% since i posted about this issue with maybe 15mins of continuous use.

and thanks for link, cheers.

should i wipe and wipe and wipe and start over? i really like this rom and dont want to go back to lfy

Upvote 0
Use Set CPU to control the clock speed. It will help with your battery life. I find that conservative with a low Screen off clock saves a ton of battery life. I've been off the charger since 5 am this morning (it's 230 pm now) and with a good amount of usage 40-50 texts, a few ADW theme downloads and about 15 min of web usage I'm at 70% battery.

Upvote 0
well im now sitting @ 15% with just 10mins of web surfing since my last post.. something isnt right. i have no clue whats killing my battery so quickly, nothing is running in the background either... im soo :mad:

Just try a different kernal dude. Didn't look back to see what you're using but I've had great luck with SLAYHER and CHEVY ULV 1.2. Great life and cool temps.

Upvote 0
well im now sitting @ 15% with just 10mins of web surfing since my last post.. something isnt right. i have no clue whats killing my battery so quickly, nothing is running in the background either... im soo :mad:

Something is not right for sure. I am just a novice here but the first place I would look is at the battery itself. Did it work fine with other roms? Do you have a spare to test out? If not the battery you may have to do a complete wipe and restore?

I have had the rom on for a couple of days. I immediatly went to my go to kernel (slayher 1000lv) but the battery was not as good as when I was running a generic FRG22. I went back to the stock kernel and gave it some time to re-cache all my apps and the battery seems fine. The funny thing is the stock kernel running ondemand is as smooth as my favorite Slayher running on interactive and there are not a lot of options on set cpu for the stock kernel. If I compare them close I can see a small increase in speed with the slayher but it is not worth the battery difference.

In any case it is the best Rom I have run and themed with Watermarked it brings the phone up yet another notch. I am sure 9.0 will bring improvements but to tell you the truth I can't imagine what can be done to make it any better. The only hitch I have found is that the live wallpapers make the scrolling stutter a bit. I would (and did) give it a 5/5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones