• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root UD Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 (FRF22D

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 79 66.4%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 24 20.2%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
Has anyone else had an issue installing watermark rom?? downloaded 15 times and used 3 computers to do it with no luck it errors every time.

Larry
I had no problem installing WM-theme over the stock ROM. I used the download link in the WM-post and it worked 1st time. I assume that you know that the WM-zip file is just a theme (not a full ROM), so don't wipe before flashing.

Edit: Here is another place you can download it from, over on DroidForums: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/stew1nc/77367-wmd-ultimate-droid-froyo-extreme-7-0-0-8-0-0-a.html

Upvote 0
I've said it and I'll say it again, I really like the stupid rotary locker, lmao...

ROM is very responsive even on the stock 800 kernel, currently running chevy's ulv 1 gig kernel as it hits my droids sweet spot.

This thing has so many options included built into it that its amazing. For some reason the built in app installer doesnt work for me, and whenever I attempt to change my wallpaper it reverts to the stock UD wallpaper, have to reset in order for it to take effect. One thing that I wish wouldve been included in this rom: he shouldve kanged the CM power widget options. :D

Upvote 0
Is there a way to reduce the # of screens that the default launcher gives you? I'm not seeing a setting for that anywhere. I like the stability of the default launcher but don't need that many screens.

Been using this for a day, and so far I'm liking this ROM. Pretty responsive outta the box w/ stock kernel. Have had a few minor screen redraws. The number of customization options is really impressive.

One major con is that none of my apps restored after loading this ROM (I did a full data/cache wipe before installing). So I've been manually rebuilding my whole setup, which is a pita.

Upvote 0
settings>ultimate droid>user interface>status bar will give u the battery percentage option. And Launcher pro allows me to have apps on the bottom of the screen that stay the same across all screens. UD has the option to install LP

Thanks, that's a bonus I'm glad to know about. In the Ultimate Droid settings menu you can also enable 180 degree rotations, allowing you the trivial pleasure of holding your phone upside down while having everything on the screen be right side up.

Upvote 0
When you hit the power button to wake the device up, is there any way to disable the sparkle animation that displayes everytime you wake the device? Is it a launcher setting or phone setting? Ive went through every setting i can think of but still cant remove it. It was on CM6 as well.

Which launcher are you using? I've never seen that on any rom I've run.

Upvote 0
With this UD 8, for some reason I can't get all of the haptic stuff to turn off. For example, when I start or end a phone call or unlock the phone I get vibrations.

I turned all of the haptic options that I could find off and it still does this. I never had this problem before and can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yes, there is an easy way to turn off the extra haptic feedback (I happen to like it on, but it's always nice to have options).

Menu > Settings > Ultimate Droid > Input Settings > Haptic feedback tweaks > Haptic feedback main (uncheck)

Upvote 0
With this UD 8, for some reason I can't get all of the haptic stuff to turn off. For example, when I start or end a phone call or unlock the phone I get vibrations.

I turned all of the haptic options that I could find off and it still does this. I never had this problem before and can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated!

Settings-> Call settings. Uncheck vibrate on answer and vibrate on end.

Upvote 0
Launcher pro

I'm gonna venture a guess that you have Weather Widget Donate and the Extras app for it. Basically, it flashes the weather across the phone every time you unlock it. So if it's sunny, it gives that lil "sparkle". This is to mimic HTC Sense's weather widget.

To turn that off go to Weather Widget Forecast Addon > Addon Settings > Unlock Animation and uncheck that. This was annoying the crap out of me, too.

Reactions: bamaredwingsfan
Upvote 0
This is the first ROM ive come to love after moving from BB.04.. Could never find a rom that seemed as stable/buggless. Tried LFY, CM6, etc. but this ROM runs so perfectly on my droid, even w/ the stock kernel! Also, along w/ smoothness, has a ton of options to customize random little things that i never even thought of being able to change to my liking..

LOVE this rom

edit: Also battery life has been noticeably better on this rom as compared to BB.04, and all of the other roms ive tried.

Upvote 0
Went from BB.4 to CM6 to LFY1.5 but this one is my fav. Changing fonts on the fly with previews is awesome and all the settings are great.
Couldn't get a Chevy 1.2 kernal to work, (could on LFY but not on UD) but could get a 1.0 to work. Tried a Slayher 1.2 and it's fine....smooth and everything seems to work well and smooth.

Anyone tested "on demand" vs "interactive" and care to voice an opinion I'd love to hear the battery life verdict.

Thanks UD team.

Upvote 0
This is my first time running this ROM, due to all of the past issues, at least as I understood them to be. Anyway, out of "principle" I never flashed this and finally caved in and just decided to give it a whirl for a day or two to see what others were talking about.

I have to say that I'm really blown away by this ROM. I always believed that a ROM could either be highly customizable like CM or really fast like LFY, but not both...but I was dead wrong. UD8 literally posts Quadrant scores as high as or higher than my fastest scores with Liquid or other ROMs, but has the level of customization of Cyanogenmod. While I know there will be those people that never give this ROM a chance because of the lack of credit / "plagiarism" issues in the past, from everything I've read in the last month, Blackdroid has turned the corner, is giving credit where it's due, and IMO deserves to be given an opportunity to "make amends" to the community. In short, I've found a go-to ROM for my Droid, and surprisingly, it wasn't where I expected it to be. Nice work to the guys that put this together.

Reactions: Psychokitty
Upvote 0
I'm gonna venture a guess that you have Weather Widget Donate and the Extras app for it. Basically, it flashes the weather across the phone every time you unlock it. So if it's sunny, it gives that lil "sparkle". This is to mimic HTC Sense's weather widget.

To turn that off go to Weather Widget Forecast Addon > Addon Settings > Unlock Animation and uncheck that. This was annoying the crap out of me, too.
That was it, the app wasn't even showing up in my programs either. I had to find it in the market, and uninstall it that way. But that stopped the sparkle :D

Upvote 0
That was it, the app wasn't even showing up in my programs either. I had to find it in the market, and uninstall it that way. But that stopped the sparkle :D

Glad to hear it. Even though I liked what it was doing, it was more of a hindrance than anything else. I kept the app b/c it will do those same animations if you click on the widget, which I wanted to keep. Not nearly as annoying when that's the function you're actually going for, lol. It should have been right after the Weather Widget app in your app drawer.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it. Even though I liked what it was doing, it was more of a hindrance than anything else. I kept the app b/c it will do those same animations if you click on the widget, which I wanted to keep. Not nearly as annoying when that's the function you're actually going for, lol. It should have been right after the Weather Widget app in your app drawer.
Thats the last place i remember seeing it too, but somehow it was hidden in my drawer. Reason i wanted it gone was it would cause my droid to freeze up sometimes when i would wake the phone an try to jump into the dialer or app drawer really fast. I liked the look, but it had to go;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones