• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root uggh!!! Need help!!

su
cp /path/to/whatever.db /data/data/destination/path

I forget the exact paths, so you can look them up. If you're confused about what I mean by that, I'll go find them. Just make sure you run su, first.
this?
5685247859_cb740650a9.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes, it's contacts2.db. That is not the exact command, but those are the paths. Here are the two command (in order) that you need to type:

su

cp /sdcard/contactsdb/data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.provers.contacts/databases/
5702179516_73c7f2ece9.jpg

I have all but given up on this. Not for a lack of trying but it doesnt seem worth the effort any more. I juiced up my old phone & bluetoothed the contacts file over to my phone. It was 9 months old, last June was last time I used it. But its better then nothing.

I turned on root access in ES File Explorer, and was able to see other root folders I couldnt before. I couldnt find the com.andriod.contacts folder?

Now I just need to learn how to sync contact info from phone to google so this doesnt happen again. And then fix my wifi issue and I can go back to my love affair with my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones