1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ugh.... HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jay_LT1_88, May 28, 2011.

1. Jay_LT1_88

Jay_LT1_88 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2011
    ok i downloaded a song from toneroom and it is a .dcf file. Im wanting to use it for my notifications but ringdroid cant read this file.... ugh so what can i do to be able to use this as my notification sound????? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Brian1

Brian1 Newbie
    None

Jan 27, 2010
    Go on Google and search for ' dcf to mp3 ' to see what you need to do for that.

Brian

3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    I have never used tone room. I am guessing that .dcf is some kind of digital rights security format that USCC or Samsung came up with. Will the stock player see it and play it? I am guessing it will, since tone room is a stock bloatware app.

There are a lot of ring tone maker apps in the market. They will let you use your existing MP3 files to create ring tones. Most are free and don't require DRM stuff.

4. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2009
    Independant Contractor in Visual Merchandising
    Altus Oklahoma
    Ok mytinyphone.com all the free ringtones your little heart can desire are there. There are 2 options I've tried from that website 1. when you click on the song you want you can choose download for iphone it will download a M4w or something like that or 2. it says download to phone that takes a little longer but it is an MP3, also I have always used shuffle tone 2.0 it allows you to scan the sd card and check several different tones to so it will ring a different song each time you get a call. It will also allow multiple tones for texts and I think emails. Also funformobile.com is another free sight with ringtones and pics, I just think the sound quality is better on mytinyphone.