• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
ok, this is driving me bonkers! hope someone has a fix!
my phone(only a few months old and not rooted or anything - i'm a newb) takes spells where it makes the sound used to indicate that it has been plugged into or unplugged from the charger. once it starts, it is relentless and the only way i can figure out to stop it is to turn volume down then i can't hear my phone ring! HELP!
i have tried shutting it down(even leaving it off for a few minutes), restarting it, blowing out the port to clear any dust etc, and even removing the battery and cleaning it while it's off.
Any ideas? anyone else run into this?
Thanx in advance for any help!

NOTE- I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF THIS CAUSES DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE. THIS IS JUST WHAT WORKS FOR ME.

Only thing i could suggest is good a dollar Bill into a triangle and use the corner to clean the contacts... Sometimes my phone gets stuck 'charging' when it's not plunges in to anything... I either use the dollar trick, or insert the charger then apply a slight downward pressure and pull it out with a bit of force (to 'rake' the contacts clean)

Upvote 0
:)
ok, this is driving me bonkers! hope someone has a fix!
my phone(only a few months old and not rooted or anything - i'm a newb) takes spells where it makes the sound used to indicate that it has been plugged into or unplugged from the charger. once it starts, it is relentless and the only way i can figure out to stop it is to turn volume down then i can't hear my phone ring! HELP!
i have tried shutting it down(even leaving it off for a few minutes), restarting it, blowing out the port to clear any dust etc, and even removing the battery and cleaning it while it's off.
Any ideas? anyone else run into this?
Thanx in advance for any help!

I had the same exact problem , by chance did ur phone get wet somehow .? I k.ow if the phone is in bathroom when showering can cause moisture and problems such as this . I tried everything used qtip to clean port also HAD to buy a new usb cable. All in all I am now using my husbands prevail that he gave me.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones