• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ugh, I can't stand the slowness anymore.

musicmaster

May 31, 2010
Stock 1.6 and Cyanogenmod 5.0.8. Regardless of the firmware, the phone is slow as molasses. Things like going back to the home screen after texting takes 6 seconds +. Opening the dialer app takes 4 seconds, when typing, I seem to be able to type so much faster than it can keep up with and text turns into a mess.

I'm not sure if this is the firmware, or the phone is just slow. I'm considering picking up an iPhone 3G as at least my dad's can do something without wanting to throw it at a brick wall.

I had these same issues until it rooted to Cyan 5.0.8, overclocked with the Set Cpu app,installed the phone prioritizer app and the autorun killer app....I'm happy with the speed until the new HTC phone drops for t-mobile 4th quarter...

Ive been meaning to ask, whats a safe yet fast min and max setting for Set Cpu? I might be doing something wrong, but I just cant see a difference in what im setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones