• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories UGH! I hate the screen protector from Tmob!

I was the one that mentioned the ghost armor from best buy in the other thread about cases. They do not have any precut ones yet, should have them in a week or so but they were able to custom cut the protector and while it isn't perfect (still looks great) it will do until I take it back to have the precut one put on.

They do apply it for you, it takes about 15 minutes. The cost for just the screen was $25 (I believe) and Im pretty sure the full body one is $35. Free replacement within the first 30 days, after 30 days it is still a free replacement, they just charge a $5 installation fee. Not bad at all and it looks a lot better than the t mobile ones, invisishield, etc, etc. I figure go in every month or so and get a new one put on once the old one gets beat up a little bit.

The clarity on it is great and so is the texture. As the above poster said the invisishield is kinda sticky. The ghost armor will create a LITTLE more friction when using the touch screen but it isn't a big deal by any means.

Just dont go crazy with the gun app and try to fire as fast as you can with the tip of your finger or you will have a bunch of little nicks on it lol.

Upvote 0
I went to Best Buy today. The one I went to did not have Ghost Armor. They didn't even know what I was talking about. They did have Invisible Shield which they installed for me. It was a wet application but the guy just used a light mist. I like it. It is nice and clear and seems protective. Of course a naked screen is the best, but this isn't bad. The clarity is what makes it so nice.

Upvote 0
Honestly,ot doesnt need a screen protector. What are u guys doing that needs such protection. The screen is already scratch resistant, I havent used one with my nexus, x10, or HD2. Just follow common sense, dont put phone in pocket with keys or coins or any sharp objects and you be fine. Oh and yea, clip your fingernails...lol, no but swriously, I even wear earrings and never ever had a single scratch. Hopefully, thats some piece of mind for a few. Its ok to rock your phone naked, thats the way its meant to be.

Reactions: Robinelli
Upvote 0
Honestly,ot doesnt need a screen protector. What are u guys doing that needs such protection. The screen is already scratch resistant, I havent used one with my nexus, x10, or HD2. Just follow common sense, dont put phone in pocket with keys or coins or any sharp objects and you be fine. Oh and yea, clip your fingernails...lol, no but swriously, I even wear earrings and never ever had a single scratch. Hopefully, thats some piece of mind for a few. Its ok to rock your phone naked, thats the way its meant to be.
Thanks for that, I didn't realize thesuper amoled screen is scratch resistant. I learned that tonight when I got home and started looking up things about this screen protector lol! I wondered how scratch resistant it really is so I feel much better now.

Upvote 0

Better safe than sorry :)

Upvote 0
Better safe than sorry :)

True, that can be the case for anything. Just trying to let ppl know how durable the screen is. Im not anti-screen protector but my goal was to let the ppl know who may been on the fence about it, that these screens hold up pretty good without one. bottom line everything always down to personal preference.

Edit: this is in chinese but its the video that counts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xASJobjD68

Upvote 0
True, that can be the case for anything. Just trying to let ppl know how durable the screen is. Im not anti-screen protector but my goal was to let the ppl know who may been on the fence about it, that these screens hold up pretty good without one. bottom line everything always down to personal preference.

Edit: this is in chinese but its the video that counts

Are you serious? Chinese? Wow, just wow. Don't ever randomly state ethnicities/race if you don't know it. Really, don't.

Upvote 0
Are you serious? Chinese? Wow, just wow. Don't ever randomly state ethnicities/race if you don't know it. Really, don't.
Thank you for pointing this out. I wouldn't have thought about it either and I could have also easily made this mistake. To the unlearned eye, the language on the screen looks the same as the Chinese characters that are so prevalent in our own culture. And we have a lot of Chinese people we come in contact with, and most of our products we purchase are made in China. I've had Chinese friends. But I've never met a Japanese person, I almost never purchase things made in Japan, and I don't have a lot of exposure to Japanese things. I would have assumed presumptuously this was a Chinese video. I will work to correct this thought process.

Upvote 0
T But I've never met a Japanese person, I almost never purchase things made in Japan, and I don't have a lot of exposure to Japanese things. I would have assumed presumptuously this was a Chinese video. I will work to correct this thought process.

I'm no expert, but I am pretty sure the video is in Korean. the characters looked Korean, and the phone was from "Anycall", a major south Korean cell company. I'm just sayin'.

But yeah, the proof is in the puddin' and that looks pretty damn scratch proof to me. Makes me feel like its not worth having the protector that is 15% of the purchase price of the phone on contract. AND, since I sprung for the insurance plan, I can always accidentally drop my phone if it gets to scratched up. :D

Upvote 0
I'm no expert, but I am pretty sure the video is in Korean. the characters looked Korean, and the phone was from "Anycall", a major south Korean cell company. I'm just sayin'.

But yeah, the proof is in the puddin' and that looks pretty damn scratch proof to me. Makes me feel like its not worth having the protector that is 15% of the purchase price of the phone on contract. AND, since I sprung for the insurance plan, I can always accidentally drop my phone if it gets to scratched up. :D

Interesting. I didn't actually watch the video. After about 2 seconds my ADD kicked in and I turned it off.

Upvote 0
I didn't know it was that resistant, I still want to put a screen protector on it, just in case, as long as it doesn't affect the phone. The t-mobile one does, unfortunately. I hope I can go and return the screen protector tomorrow. I paid it with my debit card, but I did not got the receipt and I don't know if "making the screen blurry" is a justifiable reason. I hope t-mobile lives up to its customer service reputation, I paid a bit too much for just 2 sheets.

Anyways, so what is the best one I should buy then? I noticed that Ghost armor from Best Buy is thrown around alot. Should I go to them? Are there any better alternatives?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones