• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ugh! I have finally had it with this POS.

BeastMD

Feb 11, 2010
I have had it with this phone, at least until they can work out some of the stupid bugs I have had to attempt to live with. Mostly with random unexplained sms problems and random unexplained battery drains. I dont want too much, just a predictable battery and reliable texting.

The last straw was running out of battery TWICE today while not using the phone at all other than a few times to look at the time. And thats the rub, some days I can go almost 24 hours, but random days I will just lose 50-60% of the battery in an hour or 2.

I have been following threads, rooting, various ROM's, replacement phones.

I guess I am just going shelve or sell this thing and try again later after some upgrades.

I have had it with this phone, at least until they can work out some of the stupid bugs I have had to attempt to live with. Mostly with random unexplained sms problems and random unexplained battery drains. I dont want too much, just a predictable battery and reliable texting.

The last straw was running out of battery TWICE today while not using the phone at all other than a few times to look at the time. And thats the rub, some days I can go almost 24 hours, but random days I will just lose 50-60% of the battery in an hour or 2.

I have been following threads, rooting, various ROM's, replacement phones.

I guess I am just going shelve or sell this thing and try again later after some upgrades.

I hear ya, I too have had random battery drains. One day its fine and I think I have it tweaked properly and the next day it just goes to zip from checking the time.. I don't understand it either.

Upvote 0
It has to be something out of the ordinary.. My phone is consistent on all three batteries I own. I use it all day and by Ten PM It is 22 percent. I replace the battery , Go to bed, browse and play a game. Dont even charge it at night and use it all the following day.

Im sorry you have a bad experience. I think the phone is really nice. But you gotta do what you gotta do. I have been there before on other phones.

Upvote 0
1. Get JuiceDefender. It saves you a ton of battery by turning off 4g/3g when you're not using it, it also gives you a lot of customizable options for allowing internet options for apps. These issues are the LARGEST issue when it comes to battery.

2. get LTE OnOff. It allows you to permanently turn off your 4g radio, which is uneeded while not in 4g areas like most people are, and are virtually unneeded unless you're downloading a lot of files.

3. Take it with a grain of salt. There are a lot of phones out there by HTC, and operated by Verizon. This phone is relatively new, and they are working on fixes for a lot(read: most) of them to bring them up to standards that google is putting forth. In the next month or so things should start stabilizing and we should be getting updates to the annoyances that plague us.

Hold in there!

Upvote 0
are you in a 4g area? you can cut your 4g off WITHOUT rooting/or the aid from an app using the hidden menu from the phone dialpad.it has helped my battery life tremendously along with the new update that rolled out...i pulled my phone off the charger at 3:05 am this morning and i am sitting at almost 50% and 14hrs uptime(extended battery).

added-i also did a master reset after the update

Upvote 0
are you in a 4g area? you can cut your 4g off WITHOUT rooting/or the aid from an app using the hidden menu from the phone dialpad.it has helped my battery life tremendously along with the new update that rolled out...i pulled my phone off the charger at 3:05 am this morning and i am sitting at almost 50% and 14hrs uptime(extended battery).

added-i also did a master reset after the update

Yeah, 4g off it was better most of the time, but I would still occasionally run into sudden battery drain issues and sms problems. Most of my problems with SMS were around failed messages. I was randomly getting times when I could not send texts without rebooting or going to airplane mode. What was odd was even though I would get failures sometimes the message was actually sent and I would end up spamming whoever I was texting. I went through 3 phones with the same issue.

I think the phone is fine, and really love it otherwise. Just think the software was not ready for primetime.

I also had some other bugs, like the earpiece volume loudness bug.

Upvote 0
According to my gps, I am in kauno rajones, Lithuania...lol. I am actually in suburban philly. I have not received the ota and I live in an area that slips between 4G and 3g a lot. It kills me when I'm listening to slacker in the car because it is constantly stopping when I go from 3g to 4G or vice versa, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I chalk this up to growing pains. I'll give it another month or two and see.

Upvote 0
I almost done with this thing too, I havent been able to send or receive pictures for 2 days, verizon tech support has no clue why. The random reboot is driving me nuts (only does it when I'm actually doing something). It always gets very hot, and 4G just randomly hit a brick wall in my area apparently. (that or my phone can't play 2 minute YouTube videos with out chopping up for no reason). I've only owned the phone 5 days and its driving me battier then the ally did when 2.2 released and murdered any chance of it acting a little proper. Maybe I'm going back to the ally... Least I was used to a shitty phone acting.... Well shitty

Upvote 0
I'm sitting around waiting on best buy to open... As soon as they do, I'm headed over to give them their t-bolt back and going back to iphone 4... I wanted to give android a shot, and I ended up with a phone that reboots randonly 10-20 times a day, has no gps, and lags out of control randomly... No thanks.

Reactions: irish
Upvote 0
Check for PVMtpServiceStart running in the applications screen. The first time i dealt with this is showed in the battery usage window but after I updated BlockBuster app and turned off auto update it no longer shows in the battery usage window. However the app above will still restart everytime the phone resets or power off/on. This stupid app kills the battery completely in 3-4 hours.

Upvote 0
Check for PVMtpServiceStart running in the applications screen. The first time i dealt with this is showed in the battery usage window but after I updated BlockBuster app and turned off auto update it no longer shows in the battery usage window. However the app above will still restart everytime the phone resets or power off/on. This stupid app kills the battery completely in 3-4 hours.

What is this pvm related to?

Upvote 0
It is part of the BlockBuster app and is ok to kill within your applications, running applications screen. btw I take no credit for finding this, but can confirm it is a huge battery drain.

Sweet, thank you. I shut it down and so far it hasnt caused a stability issues, lag and it hasnt came back on... i seen a difference in battery though since i am using the hotspot and i keep in on the charger during that

Upvote 0
I've experienced horrible battery drain all week at work. I believe the issue is due
to weaker reception with the newer radio FW. I watched my phone switch from
3G to 1X to no mobile network connector. Standing next to a co worker
who hasn't installed the OTA update we compared our signal strength for 5
minutes. The whole time he had 3G and I was not connected to the mobile
network. I've reset factory twice and removed the sim twice and updated prl.

Reception is still poor at work but just fine last week before i updated OTA.

Lator

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones