• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ugh slow charging

Privyet

Jan 18, 2014
I think it's my phone's usb port that's messed (which FML if it is) up but when I plug my cord in its not secure like it used to be and either it won't charge or it'll say slow charging and I need to use the cord that came with the phone even though I'm using it. Anyone have advice? Is wireless charging the way to go?

At least by trying wireless charging you will know if it's the USB port or the charging circuits themselves. You can self-install cheap Qi-compatible coil packs from eBay or spring for the wireless charging cover from Samsung. If I woke up in your shoes, that would be my next step.

Make sure you have recently powered down the phone and powered up. Sometimes a reboot does wonders :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones