1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Uh...all my texts randomly deleted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kyleonfire, Apr 12, 2010.

1. kyleonfire

kyleonfire Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I went to try and open a message but the app kept bringing up an error and I'd have to force close it. The screen would then switch to my home screen but with no shortcuts just a background then after a second go black until I hit the home button. I restarted the phone and when I opened messaging ALL my conversations were gone. Is this a known glitch? is there a way to get all my texts back?

Advertisement

2. cbux5000

cbux5000 Member

Nov 10, 2009
    This happened to me about a month ago and it just happened again yesterday. Luckily I started using WaveSecure to back all my texts after the first time. In just a few minutes after it happened, I had them all restored.

3. kyleonfire

kyleonfire Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I tried that, but wavesecure for some reason didnt bring them all back. The person I text the most, none of her texts came back. And I backed it all up march 31st but it doesnt have any texts after march 8th

4. unknown force

unknown force New Member

Jan 24, 2010
    i had this happen to me 2 times with the default messaging app, lost over 2000 txt from different people. i now use handcent and haven't had this problem since, even if handcent force closes it still saves the texts

5. cbux5000

cbux5000 Member

Nov 10, 2009
    WaveSecure not working? Damn, that sucks. There's probably other backup programs you could try -- otherwise I dunno.

Funny thing is until I got my Droid a few months ago, I could only have ~200 texts at a time so I was constantly deleting them. Wasn't a big deal. Now though, the thought of losing them all is terrifying.

6. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Retail
    Los Angeles
    I have had this issue occur with me using the stock version.

and

Handcent as well.

I find it inconvenient but luckly for me, i do my own backups for attacked files which is the only important thing with the texts i get. Others i can remember, so its all good.

Still.. i hate that it has happened. I dont know what the deal is. Maybe we are ending up hitting the max? a small annoying glitch for sure.