1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Uh-Oh..... can only see SMS I have sent??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jaarus, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Jaarus

Jaarus Lurker

I admit it I was playing around and downloading Handcent SMS (upon friends suggestion) then I fiddled with some menus.... somewhere......!!1

...and now - I can only see the texts I have sent and none of those recived so the conversation chain looks rather one sided!!
    I cant find the menu I altered anywhere but that will undoubtedly just be me.... I do find this phones a little overwhelming (its a MASSIVE leap forward from my last handset which I had for nearly 6 years! That boasted Polyphonic ringtones..... woooOOOOo!!)

Anyone know how to help a flipping moron put things back the way they were!?

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Welcome aboard the forums, Jaarus.

I've seen this issue reported a few times, with two remedies being successful for most: 1. just reboot your device and things may display normally, 2. go into the application manager at menu > settings > applications > manage applications, and clear cache and data on the messaging app you're using then reboot.

Jaarus likes this.
  3. Jaarus

Jaarus Lurker

Ok thanks - I will try your suggestions.

Either way, Handcent is gone (for now)

4. Jaarus

Jaarus Lurker

Did both and it didnt bring my messages back but but I just had a new text and that is acting like nothing is wrong....

So I suppose as long as its working - I should be happy!

Thanks for the speedy advice

Tags: