1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Uh oh! Desire is breaking!??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rozzerdinho, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Rozzerdinho

Rozzerdinho Lurker

Hi there!

First Post!...and not a very good one :(

I have an HTC Desire and its an awesome phone and had no problems with it until today. It was in my pocket and i got completely soaked by the rain so naturally my Desire got soaked too.

So i look at it, and there seems to be a pair of headphones in the notification bar and it says "safe mode" down at the bottom left. It also wont stop vibrating and every time i press the power button it turns itself off.

What to do guys!? How do I turn off safe mode?? Ive tried the obvious such as battery out etc.

Thanks

Rozzer

Advertisement

2. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

The first thing i would do is remove the battery, sim, sd card. Leave the battery cover off and immerse the phone in a bag of rice. It will absorbe the moisture. Leave it there for several days to a week. Then try it. Might have to try a factory reset if its still messed up. I had an old samsung flip phone that went through the laundry and it was ok after drying for over a week and i didnt know the rice trick back then. good luck.

3. Rozzerdinho

Rozzerdinho Lurker

Got it working again! I held the volume button and the power button and it came up a menu...something like reboot, safety and 2 others. I pressed reboot and waited a while and the safe mode was gone and phone working perfectly!

Thanks for the reply rocket!

4. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it was okay. Take a ziplock bag with you to stick it in in case it rains from now on. That's what i did the other day on a long hike through the snow. The touchscreen still worked fine even in the bag lol.

5. avenuePad

avenuePad Member

haha. I'm going to try that! Good tip! :D

Tags: