• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uh oh! Desire is breaking!??

Rozzerdinho

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Hi there!

First Post!...and not a very good one :(

I have an HTC Desire and its an awesome phone and had no problems with it until today. It was in my pocket and i got completely soaked by the rain so naturally my Desire got soaked too.

So i look at it, and there seems to be a pair of headphones in the notification bar and it says "safe mode" down at the bottom left. It also wont stop vibrating and every time i press the power button it turns itself off.

What to do guys!? How do I turn off safe mode?? Ive tried the obvious such as battery out etc.

Thanks

Rozzer

The first thing i would do is remove the battery, sim, sd card. Leave the battery cover off and immerse the phone in a bag of rice. It will absorbe the moisture. Leave it there for several days to a week. Then try it. Might have to try a factory reset if its still messed up. I had an old samsung flip phone that went through the laundry and it was ok after drying for over a week and i didnt know the rice trick back then. good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones