1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Uh oh! Some help would be appreciated!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jon_LTD, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

I installed dGB all fine etc. Didn't bother with the Nandroid as the ROM was working and I wanted to start from scratch.

Reboot into fast boot and flash the hBoot with Android Recovery. All looked fine and A-OK.

Now it's stuck on the white HTC Screen when re-booting..

Can someone please shed some light on this? I can boot back into recovery..:thinking::thinking:

Edit: Top of my hboot screen shows "AlphaRev dGBrSU 60"

Thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Sometimes you have to nandroid backup, flash hboot and nandroid restore. Try reflashing the Rom?

3. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

BAH! I reflashed the Rom and all is well! I forgot that I needed to nandroid/reflash after the installation as I wanted to start from scratch!

Request for deletion? I feel like a plum.:rolleyes:

4. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Yeah, that nipped it in the bud. I had it all thought out step by step but as I rather suddently decided to start a-fresh I bypassed the nandroid restore, therefore the ROM obviously didn't fit the the new hboot.

Woops!

Edit: 300+mb internal memory free... Wonderful :D

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

hahahaha after all that planning you decided to go for broke and miss the most important step hahahaha nutter

6. Mattb81

Mattb81 Well-Known Member

I am going to flash a hboot today. I am currently on dgb with stock hboot.

How easy is it to revert back to a larger hboot? Just flash a larger one in fastboot and away you go?

7. SUroot

Yes but nandroid first as its likely to need a nandroid restore / ROM flash afterwards

8. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Haha, I felt a bit daft last night.

The cherry on the cake? I even said in my opening post I didn't bother with the Nandroid step!

Too many late nights and early mornings I feel:D

On a side note, SU, it seems to be running very nice. The only slight hitch is the keyboard and not having corrective text etc. I've only ever used Stock keyboard but subbing this with Go Keyboard for now (ugly IMO). After trawling through some old posts I'll download the one in the ultimate download FAQ.

PS, lovely Rom ;)! Installed the vast majority of my apps with over 230mb free!

9. Rastaman-FB

im using touch pal with auto correct turned off and swyping disabled. very nice

10. SUroot

Yeah the keyboard is only there as necessity really, in case you wipe, you need it but ideally install your own keyboard.

Android keyboard is awful imo which is why I put the tiny one in. Much prefer the HTC keyboard

11. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Yeah that's not a bad keyboard at all. I like the Swype functionality but it genuinely slows me down. I'm much faster at tapping individual keys. Well my phone has been on for approx 12 hours and in 68% with modest use. I am okay with this. Suits me down to the ground :D

12. Rastaman-FB

you can turn the swyping off

13. SUroot

I hate swiping too. Sometimes I need to.confirm the location of a key. I have to take my finger off the keyboard to do that.

I tried touch pal a while back and it seemed pretty good tbh. Better than swype but still prefer the HTC IME

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews