1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support UI Feedback re: BASIX

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by softtech, Jul 26, 2011.

1. softtech

softtech Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2011
    It's possible that some of this is user-configurable, but I haven't figured out how.

First off, I want to be clear that I really, really appreciate the work that has gone into this and none of this is supposed to be a complaint. I'm just sharing some changes that I would make if I was working on the system.

1) The Notification area has become entirely too difficult to read. I can't easily differentiate which of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Silent and Airplane are on and which are off. The colors just don't provide enough contrast.

2) Similarly, I think I want more opaqueness, less glassy see-through. I like having the see-through, but want to crank up the opaqueness.

3) I want the search button back. I miss it.

4) I was under the impression that WiFi Tethering was just a matter of re-enabling invisible menu options without having to install anything beyond that. If so, it would be nice to get those menu options.

If I can think of other feedback I'll post it. I invite others to post here as well, but really, really encourage everyone to keep it in the vein of positive feedback.

Advertisement

2. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Male
    I do stuff, with things
    A stock theme will be posted soon.

There's no reason it shouldn't be working - move the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to /system/app, and see it if comes back.

No. It's either the app on the Market, or the newer app available here.

Folks... please don't start multiple threads.