• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK 2.1 update .sbf file?

beflythis

Mar 29, 2010
Hi milestoners,

Is there an .sbf file available for manual update of the UK variety? I'm in Dubai with a UK unit, and the premature 2.1-update1 release runs fine, with the exception that my 3g connection gets killed and converts to HSPDA (probably because of network incompatability).

I'm guessing (hoping) that the official UK release will be compatible with Dubai telecom networks, as companies here seem to copy the UK in many ways.

I just need the .sbf file to manual install!! Anyone know where I can find it?

cheers,

beflythis

Hi milestoners,

Is there an .sbf file available for manual update of the UK variety? I'm in Dubai with a UK unit, and the premature 2.1-update1 release runs fine, with the exception that my 3g connection gets killed and converts to HSPDA (probably because of network incompatability).

I'm guessing (hoping) that the official UK release will be compatible with Dubai telecom networks, as companies here seem to copy the UK in many ways.

I just need the .sbf file to manual install!! Anyone know where I can find it?

cheers,

beflythis

So you are saying that you prefer 3G over HSDPA? HSDPA is around 10-20 times faster than 3G!!!!

Upvote 0
my 3g connection gets killed and converts to HSPDA (probably because of network incompatability).

No offense dude, but I lol'd.

HSDPA has been coined 3.5G, 3G+, etc... Purely because of it's speed in comparison.

HSDPA is offers higher bitrates and lower latencies than 3G. This article sums it up pretty much.

EDGE: 236kbps down, 100kbps up.
3G: 384kbps down, 64kbps up.
HSDPA: 1.8mbps down, 384 kbps up.

Though the data for HSDPA on that article is pretty old since HSDPA is capable of waaaaay higher than that (I'm talking 5-6mbps and more).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones