1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

uk android app help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by paxo, Jul 10, 2013.

1. paxo

paxo Lurker

Hi all. I have a galaxy note 10.1 and was wondering if there was an app available for uk use to send texts and make calls. As I am quite new to this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Do you mean for free (using data allowance)? Just to be clear
    You could try Viber. I think the other person has to have the app installed too :thumbup:

3. paxo

paxo Lurker

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Free would be nice of course. What I would like is to be able to text from my tablet to a non-smartphone. Also, make and receive calls to the same. Using data/wifi is the preferred option.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Doesn't the Galaxy Note already have that? Unless you are using a WiFi only version. If you wanted to be able to make calls and SMS, you should have gotten the 3G version.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Seems to be a few apps that claim to offer free SMS via the internet on Play. Just search "Free SMS". Not tried them though, so use at your own risk.

6. paxo

paxo Lurker

Not the 10.1

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Actually, all Note 10.1 sold in my country have voice and SMS. Even a quick check in GSMArena says it has GSM Voice calls and SMS. As I said, the Note 10.1 has those unless you got the WiFi only version, or got some carrier branded device where they removed the call and SMS app. As it is, I don't think its possible for you to make calls or SMS on your Note unless over the internet and using VOIP or chat apps.

You can look at www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_10_1_n8000-4573.php and see that it does have call and SMS. They even have pictures and reviewed the call quality.

funkylogik likes this.