• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK carrier question

retroshamen

Lurker
Oct 24, 2010
Hi,

Im really new to the Android scene (still got my Iphone but am about to swap it for an HTC Desire) so I do apologise if this is a stupid question.

Ive been doing a lot of research and came across something on the net that said the phones have different options depending on which carrier the phone is with.

My Sim card at the moment is o2 and the phone will be T mobile (UK).

Ive found that I can unlock it but after seeing the above I was wondering if I'll have to root it and install a new Rom (perhaps o2??)

again i'm sorry if any of the wording is out on the technical side. I have a jailbroken Iphone so I kinda get this rooting thing but at the same time don't.

I am planning on rooting my Desire but I didnt particularly want to start messing about with Roms while I don't fully understand them but if my phone wont work then I know I'll have to.

any ideas on this?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones