1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Uk Galaxy Note 4.0.4 Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by allanb85, Aug 8, 2012.

1. allanb85

allanb85 Lurker

Well this morning I woke up to my handset prompting me to update! My handset is sim free and so even tho I am on Vodafone I wasn't sure when it was going to update. Anyways I continued with the process and everything went smoothly! I have been monitoring my note closely recently and found it to be quite laggy! After playing with the note all day I have found significant improvements in its overall performance. My device isnt rooted, the only modification is I am using GO Launcher as I find this one performs the best in my opinion. Menu transitions are much smoother, quicker and obviously we now have the additional features that galaxy s3 users have had since day 1. Just thought I would leave my feedback as I have heard some stories of devices reacting badly to the update but in my case I feel my note is much more refined now!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Android Enthusiast

I've also got a sim free Note and mine updated 3 days ago. I too use Go Launcher as I think it's brilliant. I honestly haven't noticed much difference but it is definitely smoother on the transitions, and there's a few new options here and there. I have noticed a few times the device just stops when going back to the home screen then it redraws everything and it carries on. It's nothing I'm worried about as it's only happened three times and it only stops for a split second.

So overall 4.0.4 is working fine for now.

3. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

I think we've just got to live with this regarding go launcher until we get quad core phones. My desire hd did this too but the delay was a lot longer, and improved with the note, so hopefully it improves with future phones.

4. Gti fly

Gti fly Well-Known Member

I've just done this latest update, and so far I've noticed that the clock in the top righthand corner is of a larger font, and the stock browser has been altered slightly, the buttons in the top corner are clearer, and the sub menu is of a different font, and shorter layout.

Can't see any differences just yet.

Otherwise I've still got the same problem as I did before - the screen stays on when the phone charges/gets a notification whilst charging...

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews