• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK Gingerbread 3 network out today

Yup. Three approved it earlier in the week and today when i plugged into kies it said new firmware available. Kies checks when it loads for new firmware. This is carrier firmware and it was released after stock. The stock rollout began a while ago (see this forum & XDA)

Thanks, I know that stock firmware is out in some other regions but the 3 version still appears to have beaten the official UK stock release. Fingers crossed it'll show up soon!

Upvote 0
Chismay - What version of windows are you using? - Have you previously rooted your phone?

pj147-albums-uploads-picture3922-gingerbread.png

Upvote 0
hello chismay sorry for asking que here but how am i supposed to make a skype video call with ace[as stated in your postscript} skype shows no option for vid call in my ace thanks in advance.

its skype video help. like you use your pc to skype me with video and i can step-by-step people through processes, its not to videocall on skype on the ace:eek:

Upvote 0
TO ROOT THIS UPDATE,

download this zip : upd_1.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

put the zip on your sdcard.

shutdown the phone, then power it up while holding the middle button (menu)

use volume buttons to go to update from zip, then select the upd_1.zip

press menu let it work. it may come up with an error (mine did) but when its finished just select reboot into normal mode.

bang you have a rooted 2.3 ace with superuser:D

Reactions: PJ147 and Gammer
Upvote 0
Cheers mate!! A bigh fat Thanks coming your way,all rooted and bloatware removed.

Just one more question. I read you can move system apps like google maps to sd card? Is that so and how do I do that using Tiatanium( I'm just using the free).

all good mate you need the adb command to set the default storage as sdcard,
praky wrote a tutorial , if you allready have adb up and running you can skip the first long bit and go direct to command
:D:D:D:D:D
link : http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-force-install-apps-sd-card-without-root.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones