• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK KF3 Firmware now available

Updated mine this evening but no obvious changes yet. Still got the slow wake up which is what I really wanted fixing. Too soon to see how the battery lasts so fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Will post any changes in do notice.

I freaking hate I have to wait 5 seconds after taking the phone away from my ear for the screen to come on , allowing me to end the call. :mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
Hi guys, first post on the forum after recently converting to the world of android from my trusty old W995. I've noticed a couple of things regarding the firmware update for those interested:

Wifi sharing now automatically turns off after user switches off wi-fi (praise the lord!). I have a wifi toggle on my home screen and only use it when i need it and was previously manually switching off the wifi sharing via the task manager so I can't say its saving a lot of battery for me but it is definitely saving me time!

The camera now doesn't make shutter nose when phone is on silent/vibrate (i only noticed as on holiday recently my digital camera packed in and trying to take sly photos in museums and stuff where cameras are banned was impossible!)

In general phone seems to start up slightly quicker (i only notice slow down as I have launchpro installed which always took about 30-50 seconds after my phone started but now dramatically quicker)

That's about it for new things I've noticed but thankfully no new bugs introduced, anything else I notice I'll post on this thread.

Reactions: Lord Melbury
Upvote 0
Can anyone help and tell me where this software update can be installed/downloaded? When trying to update software through my SG2 it says that there is no updates available. Thanks
You have to install the Kies software for PC from the Samsung website. That way, when you connect the phone to the PC via USB it'll let you know about the update.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. Just one further question. Since I have never upgraded software with my new Samsung S2...trying to back up my phone on Kies before I upgrade firmware but comes up with 'unexpected error'. Any fix to this? Or does the firmware upgrade automatically back up and restore? Not sure if apps/info lost after upgrade??

Upvote 0
I am on O2 in the UK. Normally Kies tells you current and most up to date, and then a line to say that the firmware you have is the most up to date.

Now when I plug it in it just tells me current firmware (PDA:KE2/PHONE:KDJ/CSC:KE1 (O2U), but the statement saying most up to date is not there now. Have I got the most up to date? If not, how do I update it? Kies doesn't seem to have an update firmware button or option, just auto, and it is not popping up to say that there is a newer version out. Please help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones